Raptor Forum banner

Another tire OPINION...

923 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Beard_lyfe 
#1 ·
I’m replacing all 4 tires and considering just a few so far. I don’t ride much, maybe once a month or less honestly, so something soft and grippy is ideal. Terrain is rocky hardpack and some loose dirt.

Xc master - I like it, but not sure of the looks or the compound. I’m looking for something soft and light.

Holeshot GNCC - it’s the lightest, but how is the hardpack/rock ability? Lugs are big and spaced which I like. Not sure what a typical GNCC race looks like tbh.

Holeshot XCR - also light, and tread looks more suited to my terrain, but won’t slide?

For front the Razr XC looks good, but the Holeshot HD looks great too.

Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks

#5 ·
Thanks that’s good to know. I’m kind of leaning toward a 21 inch lightweight tire to avoid regearing, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I’m also pretty sure all of those I listed were 6 ply. And FYI I’m not sure what the stockers are, but I’ve done many rides in sharp shale and rocks and haven’t had a single problem with them, aside from the fact that they are helpless at providing even marginal traction.

Say that all tires were the same price as the XC Master, what would you all choose?

#6 ·
I’m considering the GBC ground buster 3 too. Has anyone run these? Supposedly it slides easier than the xc master, as is designed for hardpack.

I’m going to go with xc master fronts for sure.

How do you guys feel when trying to slide around corners on the xc master? Too much grip?

#7 ·
No problem at all sliding when I want it to. I have those on both our Raptors, love them. My brother had holeshots on his Banshee, too soft a compound and wore out very fast.

#9 ·
Awesome alright, sold me on it. Got the XC masters with 20” rear 21” front. When these wear out I may consider going bigger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.