• 1 Post By Beard_lyfe
  • 1 Post By 418Stroker
  • 1 Post By Team 2 gils
  • 1 Post By Beard_lyfe
  • 2 Post By 38Fitters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Another tire OPINION...

I’m replacing all 4 tires and considering just a few so far. I don’t ride much, maybe once a month or less honestly, so something soft and grippy is ideal. Terrain is rocky hardpack and some loose dirt.

Xc master - I like it, but not sure of the looks or the compound. I’m looking for something soft and light.

Holeshot GNCC - it’s the lightest, but how is the hardpack/rock ability? Lugs are big and spaced which I like. Not sure what a typical GNCC race looks like tbh.

Holeshot XCR - also light, and tread looks more suited to my terrain, but won’t slide?

For front the Razr XC looks good, but the Holeshot HD looks great too.

Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:46 PM

I have the XC Masters. They are pretty solid and donít break the bank. After I smoke this set, Iíll buy another for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
morphrider likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 06:40 AM

If you ride aggresive in rocky terrain I would get a 6 ply tire. Rocks can tear and gouge the side of the tires.
morphrider likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Fitters View Post
I’m replacing all 4 tires and considering just a few so far. I don’t ride much, maybe once a month or less honestly, so something soft and grippy is ideal. Terrain is rocky hardpack and some loose dirt.

Xc master - I like it, but not sure of the looks or the compound. I’m looking for something soft and light.

Holeshot GNCC - it’s the lightest, but how is the hardpack/rock ability? Lugs are big and spaced which I like. Not sure what a typical GNCC race looks like tbh.

Holeshot XCR - also light, and tread looks more suited to my terrain, but won’t slide?

For front the Razr XC looks good, but the Holeshot HD looks great too.

Can anyone help me sort this out? Thanks
I love my xc masters. Have 2 seasons of racing on them and not one issue, and they have gone through hell.
morphrider likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks that’s good to know. I’m kind of leaning toward a 21 inch lightweight tire to avoid regearing, but it’s not a deal breaker.

I’m also pretty sure all of those I listed were 6 ply. And FYI I’m not sure what the stockers are, but I’ve done many rides in sharp shale and rocks and haven’t had a single problem with them, aside from the fact that they are helpless at providing even marginal traction.

Say that all tires were the same price as the XC Master, what would you all choose?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

I’m considering the GBC ground buster 3 too. Has anyone run these? Supposedly it slides easier than the xc master, as is designed for hardpack.

I’m going to go with xc master fronts for sure.

How do you guys feel when trying to slide around corners on the xc master? Too much grip?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:36 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
No problem at all sliding when I want it to. I have those on both our Raptors, love them. My brother had holeshots on his Banshee, too soft a compound and wore out very fast.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Iím considering the GBC ground buster 3 too. Has anyone run these? Supposedly it slides easier than the xc master, as is designed for hardpack.

Iím going to go with xc master fronts for sure.

How do you guys feel when trying to slide around corners on the xc master? Too much grip?

They slide awesome when you want to. On tighter trails Iíll clutch it out of the corners. Itís a good time lol.

morphrider likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Awesome alright, sold me on it. Got the XC masters with 20” rear 21” front. When these wear out I may consider going bigger.
morphrider and Beard_lyfe like this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Awesome alright, sold me on it. Got the XC masters with 20Ē rear 21Ē front. When these wear out I may consider going bigger.

Thatís gonna be a perfect set up. I have a 22Ē front and itís close with my nerf bars. Iím going to be switching to a 21Ē. I wasnít thinking clearly when I ordered mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in