2019 cranks but don't start - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 19raptor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

2019 cranks but don't start

My 2019 raptor won't start, fuses are good, fuel pump is priming and it shocked me when I checked spark. I unplugged my programmer and hooked it back up to stock and still won't start. Bike only had maybe 20 hours on it. Need help if anyone has had this issue before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 08:15 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Replace the plug with a new one. Let's start simple, that plug could be fouled enough to where it will not provide enough spark to start even though you feel it.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 08:42 PM

2nd vote for spark plug.... is it throwing you a code!

CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM @RAPTORMAN_406 OR YOUTUBE RAPTORMAN406

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:25 AM

Garage
If the spark is the problem than you need to check your programmer and the map it is running. It obviously isn't good. Since it is a new quad I don't think there is anything else wrong with it.

2016 Raptor 700R, Street legal, HID kit, 15T front, AIS delete, Jogaca suspension, Adjustable rear link, LSR 2+1 A-Arms, Axcalibar axle, PC5 w/timing and autotune, full Dasa exhaust, Talon 36T rear or stock 38T
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSupra View Post
If the spark is the problem than you need to check your programmer and the map it is running. It obviously isn't good. Since it is a new quad I don't think there is anything else wrong with it.

Possibly could be a deaf plug maybe no need to change your map. I would change plug rim with that tune for a couple of hours than pull the plug and see how it's burning. White is lean, black rich, reddish brown is good.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:40 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Will it bump start?

"Spark, compression and fuel" to run. Check your valve adjustment, especially the intakes. A common problem of hard or no start.

Also, be sure your battery is around 13.5 volts or better. Trickle/float charge for a few days if needed. Also a common problem.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Ya I called the dealer and he said it could definitely be the plug, plug was pretty black. Also I revved it up quite a bit last time I started it and he said that could easily have fouled the plug on the 700. He also mentioned the battery. Will have a new plug thursday so I will give it a shot. And yes I tried roll starting it behind a truck just going down the street and no fire.
morphrider likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 04:51 AM

I am trying to find the best way i can clesn my steering wheel. I have a Fiat 500.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Today, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarx View Post
I am trying to find the best way i can clesn my steering wheel. I have a Fiat 500.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in