Raptor Forum banner

2019 cranks but don't start

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  DEZPERADO 
#1 ·
My 2019 raptor won't start, fuses are good, fuel pump is priming and it shocked me when I checked spark. I unplugged my programmer and hooked it back up to stock and still won't start. Bike only had maybe 20 hours on it. Need help if anyone has had this issue before.

#2 ·
Replace the plug with a new one. Let's start simple, that plug could be fouled enough to where it will not provide enough spark to start even though you feel it.

#4 ·
If the spark is the problem than you need to check your programmer and the map it is running. It obviously isn't good. Since it is a new quad I don't think there is anything else wrong with it.

#6 ·
Will it bump start?

"Spark, compression and fuel" to run. Check your valve adjustment, especially the intakes. A common problem of hard or no start.

Also, be sure your battery is around 13.5 volts or better. Trickle/float charge for a few days if needed. Also a common problem.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

#7 ·
Ya I called the dealer and he said it could definitely be the plug, plug was pretty black. Also I revved it up quite a bit last time I started it and he said that could easily have fouled the plug on the 700. He also mentioned the battery. Will have a new plug thursday so I will give it a shot. And yes I tried roll starting it behind a truck just going down the street and no fire.

#9 ·
???

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.