GBC XCMasters out of round? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Just put my new xc masters on and I’ve got a ridiculous wobble below 20mph on pavement.

They were crushed really bad during shipping, which I know is normal, but I’m looking at it and my rear right tire looks lopsided when I’m driving. Strange because above 20mph it goes away.

Does it just need breaking in or what?

Last edited by 38Fitters; 11-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 11:44 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
I've tried twice to PM you without success. It says you disabled incoming messages.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
I've tried twice to PM you without success. It says you disabled incoming messages.
Alright I should have it fixed now. Thanks.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Figured it out, it’s a manufacturer defect. Returned and waiting for new one.
morphrider and Beard_lyfe like this.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Fitters View Post
Figured it out, itís a manufacturer defect. Returned and waiting for new one.

I had a bad one also when mine came in a pair. Not sure if it was a defect or just the stupid way they wrapped them together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Mine do the same thing except above 60 or so on pavement. So I just stay off pavement now

06' 700 SE
-Fasst-
-Elka-
-GT Thunder-
-Alba-
-Lonestar-
-Streamline-
-PC5-
-Pro Design-
-HMF-
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchTarga94 View Post
Mine do the same thing except above 60 or so on pavement. So I just stay off pavement now
Your problem might be tire balance. Check with a tire store and see if they balance ATV tires/wheels. Some places will do it for $10 each or less if carried in.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-06-2019, 01:15 PM

I would but I don't really ride on pavement and my XC Masters are on Alba beadlocks. It's a cheap setup that does it's job for where I ride. Leave well enough alone kinda thing.
DEZPERADO likes this.

06' 700 SE
-Fasst-
-Elka-
-GT Thunder-
-Alba-
-Lonestar-
-Streamline-
-PC5-
-Pro Design-
-HMF-
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

So, I received the new tire, had it mounted, and this one is lopsided too! In a different shape though and less pronounced at least.
What are the odds? I mean seriously...another oval shaped tire?
I’m wondering if it’s my wheel, but it’s hard to believe that. It was fine before I swapped, and although I wasnt that easy on her, I just can’t see damaging it so bad it’s oval shaped. Plus, I jacked her up and let her idle in gear and it’s as true as I can tell. Axle is straight too.

What to do?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-2019, 03:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Fitters View Post
So, I received the new tire, had it mounted, and this one is lopsided too! In a different shape though and less pronounced at least.
What are the odds? I mean seriously...another oval shaped tire?
I’m wondering if it’s my wheel, but it’s hard to believe that. It was fine before I swapped, and although I wasnt that easy on her, I just can’t see damaging it so bad it’s oval shaped. Plus, I jacked her up and let her idle in gear and it’s as true as I can tell. Axle is straight too.

What to do?
I would put the frame on blocks or jack stands. Then, take a wire coat hanger and shape it into a pointer with a base to stand on the floor. Put the pointer at the wheel edge, outside and inside, spin the opposite tire and look for deviations. Best with a helper to spin. You might check the axle end too.

Even swap the tires side to side. AND, check the axle bearings too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in