Going to Florence Oregon Today For The Weekend - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Going to Florence Oregon Today For The Weekend

Just wanted to see if anyone else was heading to Florence this weekend. I'm riding with my buddies who have banshee's hahaha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1097sm.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	30090  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb 1097sm.jpg_thumb (27.8 KB, 30 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 11:28 AM

Re: Going to Florence Oregon Today For The Weekend

I will be a little further south at the Horsefalls KOA. The wife likes full hook-ups. Happy wife = more riding time..LMAO

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Raptor:
'08 Raptor 700r, Red & Gray, +4 swingarm, 10 Paddle 22" Extremes on Black Label on the rear,
Cascade Razors on Black label on the front,Dr D. reverse Lever, PCIII, Pro-design Intake,
Monster Duals w/custom made Heat Shields, PRM-ATV Baja Front Bumper, desert grab bar, & skid plate.
Saving up for the next round of mods...

The wife:
475cc bolt-ons
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Nice...never rode down there. How big is it and what kind of riding?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM

I'll be in the litter box this weekend (Sand Lake)

Charlie
07 780 GYTR
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Raptor
I'll be in the litter box this weekend (Sand Lake)
lol...was there a few weekends ago. Rode every square inch of that place in a day and a half. Gets boring after a couple trips so ya got to mix it up.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:04 PM

You'll like it lots bigger than sandlake, some open drag strip areas, and some cool tree shots trail rides and what not along the edges, there are some medium hills for dragging on and some pretty big bowls to blast around. LOTS of razorbacks so be carefull, but it would not be BS to say you could jump 40 or 50 times on different ones just heading one direction next to the drag strip area, we have formed up in a line and just hopped our way across . pretty cool if you are in front and stop to watch this procession of flying quads.

have fun but be safe the suckers will pull ya in and pop up out of nowhere

2007 Raptor 700<br />LTE&#039;s ,Pro-Design intake,PCIII,Dynatek, stage2 hotcam, Evacuation valve<br />2004 Suzuki ltz400<br />Full trinity exhaust, intake,jetted<br /><br />&quot;Keep thy eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.&quot; - John 4:50
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:14 PM
8SEVENTY3

Bastards.....i dont even have my motor in

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyco
You'll like it lots bigger than sandlake, some open drag strip areas, and some cool tree shots trail rides and what not along the edges, there are some medium hills for dragging on and some pretty big bowls to blast around. LOTS of razorbacks so be carefull, but it would not be BS to say you could jump 40 or 50 times on different ones just heading one direction next to the drag strip area, we have formed up in a line and just hopped our way across . pretty cool if you are in front and stop to watch this procession of flying quads.

have fun but be safe the suckers will pull ya in and pop up out of nowhere
Perfect explanation cause I agree. I also have been there 3 times this season already lol. Great time this weekend the sand was perfect on Friday since the winds were 15mph freshn up that dry sand.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 02:17 PM

The sand at sand lake whooped up pretty good. Lots of rough riding even on the flats by the staging area. it must have been crazy packed for Memorial weekend.

Charlie
07 780 GYTR
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to RoadGeneral

The sand was pretty chopped up at Sand Lake over Memorial Day weekend. There were a lot of people there, but I've seen it worse in the past. This place is so small....it really sucks, but it is the closest sand to us in WA. These fuel prices are killing me!! $350 for diesel to pull the Weekend Warrior down and back, over $200 for gasoline to fill the onboard fuel station and generator. Won't be making as many trips this year, that's for sure.

2006 Yamaha Raptor YFM700R, SE 50th Anniversary Edition: Big-3. 2003 Suzuki LTZ400: Yoshimira Full Exhaust, Pro-Design Intake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode