Great companies to go through/ Bad companies to go through - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Great companies to go through/ Bad companies to go through

All right, I know we have talked about this before. But since I have just ordered around 2200 worth of parts and went through a whole bunch of different companies, I thought I would let you all know the goods and bads of the companies. I want to hear your thoughts. Ok So I snapped the subframe about a month and a half back. I decided to do everything over again and here are the results..
Subframe: Yamahasportsplaza.com rating: 10 fast shipping, gave me the tracking number real fast. Great price
Plastics: Yamaha of troy Rating 8: Good price: decent shipping costs however it was not the complete plastic kit like advertised. I still need the under tail kit.
Alba Action Grill: as of now 3: I ordered the gas tank cover and received it instantly about 6 months ago. I ordered the grill on 3/12/07. Still have not heard from them. Called them last week, they said I should receive it early this week.. nothing yet. emailed them, no response. Kind of upset.
Fuel Moto Usa 10: Great price. jamie is awesome.. Just emailed them about 10 minutes ago for a different map, received new map in less than 5 minutes..
world wide performance as of now 5: great price, but havnt received my hmf exhaust yet. ordered 3/12/07. they stated I should receive it in about 2 weeks. its been over 14 business days, no tracking number nothing. emailed them, they responded saying they are getting the tracking number to me asap. that was monday.. emailed again. no response. called left a message, no response.. dissapointed.
rockymountainatv misc parts. 10: Great price, great shipping, no problems ever.
adapt racing 9: Good price, fast shipping.

Any one want to add in comments feel free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM

Re: Great companies to go through/ Bad companies to go through

I've used Moto-Man countless times for Banshee and now Raptor stuff.......No problems to report..

Also used Alba for Banshee stuff......No problems either..

Always looking for new people to ride with and new places to ride on road or off in upstate New York and Pennsylvania....PM me
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RAPPY700R

world wide performance as of now 5: great price, but havnt received my hmf exhaust yet. ordered 3/12/07. they stated I should receive it in about 2 weeks. its been over 14 business days, no tracking number nothing. emailed them, they responded saying they are getting the tracking number to me asap. that was monday.. emailed again. no response. called left a message, no response.. dissapointed.
I agree with this one right now. I too ordered a full HMF on 3-19-07. No exhaust yet but the really frustrating thing is no reply to phone (I can never get anyone to answer the phone) or email, no tracking number, no nothing. Very frustrating. However, they were very quick in charging my credit card !!! (Same day...imagine that) Hoping there was just a delay on getting the system out but I can get better service elsewhere. I'll gladly pay extra for extra service. Its my first time ordering from them but you know the old saing.......first impressions. I'll probably look elsewhere next time.

Later,
Matt

07' SE Black/Orange 770 by RF
4 mil Stroker
105.5 Piston on Pump Gas
MegaCycle X2 Cam
Kibble White +1 Valves/Springs
Custom Head Port
Pro-Form Intake W/K&N Filter
Black Barker's Dual Exhaust
Precision Steering Stabilizer
Full Skid Plates for the Woods

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

I just got off the phone with one of the guys from world wide. seemed like they are a little booked as the guy said. (almost like he didnt know what was going on) He said that from march 12 to 16th they were swamped. He said a number of people are demanding tracking numbers. I asked for mine and he said I should receive it either today or monday.. Although when I ordered the exhaust they promised me that it would be at my door no more than 14 business days. Well still not here, they dont know where it is, and have no tracking number... dont think i will be dealing with them anymore.. If they cant keep their clients happy then we will find somewhere else to go.. You know, even an email explaining their situation would have been nice. But its sad that I called 3 times, 2 emails, and only 1 response from a guy who sounded like a complete meatball.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 03:01 PM

Newenough.com- Off road or on road helmets, boots, pants, jerseys, etc. Excellent!!! Awesome prices, great service, their site offers
reviews of everything they sell, and these people have that really rare combination of knowing what's going on and actually giving a
shit!! If they have what you need, buy it there.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 03:29 PM

Yes, a simple email letting me know that they were very busy with orders and that there was going to be a delay, and all would be good.

Frustrating to say the least.

Later,
Matt

4 mil Stroker
105.5 Piston on Pump Gas
MegaCycle X2 Cam
Custom Head Port
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 04:18 PM

Well, after sending another nasty email, I received a call finally from Worldwide. We had a lengthy discussion about business practices and hopefully got things worked out. He explained that they were extremely busy with orders (springtime) and the HMF was backordered and would be drop shipped directly from HMF. My simple explanation to them was that all of this could have been avoided with a little communication.

I feel a little better about it now.

Later,
Matt

4 mil Stroker
105.5 Piston on Pump Gas
MegaCycle X2 Cam
Custom Head Port
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Always love

Magicracing and rocky mountain atv

90% of my stuff has been from these 2 places.

2 bad experiences ordering came from a place cant remember there name and Yamaha Sports Plaza

Have also had good experiences with

Fuel Moto
Moto Joes
Dennis Kirk

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:02 AM

www.helmetcity.com
ordered my helmet from them they had a very good selection and awsome prices had it at my door within the week of ordering it online and they provided a tracking number and all. great place to buy from..
and of course i ordered all my other stuff from www.rockymountainatv.com they have great customer service i'm sure everyone else on here can vouche for these guys they are awsome
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 AM

Rocky mtn-- great service
GT thunder-- Shipped out fast great customer service
RPM-- Great customer service--awsome deals sent me my RPM dominator axle for 269.
AC Racing--Bought a set of nerfs the powder coating was flaking off-- They seemed good at first offered to help me out. 5 months have gone by now and still nothing. They keep saying they will ship on monday, THat was 15 mondays ago. They claimed their email crashed and they lost my info. Called them back, same thing they'll ship on monday, yea right. Ridder support section is one guy who seems to be out of the office ervery time I call.
http://www.careyscycle.com/- A local cycle shop in ogden Utah. THey have online ordering and great customer service. THey help me out with most of my needs. They ship the same day they get the parts in. Plus they ship to APO's.
Motorsport .com- Ok service good selection. But they won't sihp APO/priority mail.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode