cam shaft issue???? throttle body issue?? Injector issue??? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

cam shaft issue???? throttle body issue?? Injector issue???

ok so i got the raptor to turn over, engine is not seized, and no more engine codes. but my decompression pin assembly gets stuck and it is sluggish to turn over. also it sounds like it wants to start but it just pops and every now and then a flame will come out the exhaust. could it possibly be my valves or timing? the cam chain also seems loose, it has a custom extended cam chain tensioner made from kenz. i have a custom made cam from kenz, and a 52mm throttle body with a RC 650 injector. help me please

06 raptor 700r kenz build, +2valves, 105.0 piston, 10mil crank, 52mm throttle body, fci intake. DD lockout. 91hp 68ft*lbs (kenz dyno)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 11:59 AM

If the cam chain is loose the cam could have slipped a tooth causing higher cylinder pressure when cranking on it.

07 700 SE Black And Orange
DMC Force 4,PCV,Rock nerf/fat pegs. YFZ Clutch Kit with 30% Stronger Springs 105.5mm CP piston, HDD 5050, Ported Head by Lucky700R, FCI Intake, +3 TB,+1 anti-vibe stem.

02 686 Black & White
Hot Cams stage 2,Wiseco 102 11:1 piston,Hinson clutch basket and pressure plate,Gytr clutch kit,Alba full exhaust,Renthal bars,Alba bumper,6 pack rack,Alba nerf bars,Full skid plates
STOLEN
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

yea i ment to check the timing but i got distracted. i forgot to mention that the sluggishness gets worse when i open the throttle. also it pops more when i open the throttle as well, but that makes sense

06 raptor 700r kenz build, +2valves, 105.0 piston, 10mil crank, 52mm throttle body, fci intake. DD lockout. 91hp 68ft*lbs (kenz dyno)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

so i checked the timing and yea it was off by a tooth. when i pulled the cam shaft tensioner off the custom made extension chewed all up in the chain guide, so i put it back together with the proper timing and it jumped 2 teeth this time. so im going to put all new cam chain, guide, and a manual tensioner and hopefully this will fix the problem.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 11:46 AM

I Would use the stock tensioner it does the job as it should when everything is within proper spec. A manual tensioner you could put too much pressure on the chain and take out cam bearings or possibly more damage

07 700 SE Black And Orange
DMC Force 4,PCV,Rock nerf/fat pegs. YFZ Clutch Kit with 30% Stronger Springs 105.5mm CP piston, HDD 5050, Ported Head by Lucky700R, FCI Intake, +3 TB,+1 anti-vibe stem.

02 686 Black & White
Hot Cams stage 2,Wiseco 102 11:1 piston,Hinson clutch basket and pressure plate,Gytr clutch kit,Alba full exhaust,Renthal bars,Alba bumper,6 pack rack,Alba nerf bars,Full skid plates
STOLEN

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode