Raptor 350 General Information, Tips & Tricks - Page 5 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 09:11 AM

Hello Sharpraptor I am a Machanic by trade I feel so bad asking this. I got a 2006 SE Raptor 350 from my Nephew.
He destroyed it pretty bad it needs a new case on the sprocket side. My question is I did not think of Timing be an issue in a single Cylinder system. I have the two cases apart waiting for the case to come in. Is it going to be ruff timing this when I reassemble to Motor. I know where the (T) mark is on the flywheel and the cam sprocket. I just wanted to make sure if I had to do any thing special be for I put it all to gether Gaskets and all.

Thanks
Matthew Miller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 12:03 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'm new to biking and own a 200 blaster for about a month now. I'm looking to buy a 350 raptor within the next day or two. Was hoping to get some general advise and feeling on these bikes and you've just made up my mind. Thanks again
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-25-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpraptor View Post
350 Engine Noises Trick!

'Ticking' comes from the TOP and is valve-train related.

'Knocking' comes from the BOTTOM and is pistion, connecting rod or crank related.

I can't tell where mine is coming from. I had the valves adjusted and they told me it was either loose timing chain or camshaft... I want to rebuild it and fix noise. What's a good set up to go with? I would like the rebuild to give it more power. What mods are done ; big gun slip on exhaust with jet kit, twist grip, 2 tooth up on front sprocket, nerf bars, handle bars, brush guards, 4 tires, front bumper, a arms, controls arms, bushings, front and rear bearings. I'm sure I'm missing something. As far as the rebuild? What would you suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Love the write up, has already helped a ton!

On a personal note, I recently picked up an 06 350 and have been looking everywhere for information on how to replace the sprockets and chain, yet have found little to nothing specific for these bikes, know anyone on here with a decent write up of how to do it?

Much apprecitaed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode