Travis, I had this thread a couple years back, not sure if you came across it but perhaps something in here might help. I have ours under covers right now so I am going off memory. If I recall there was a few ways to test different items, something under the hood in front of the handlebars. Maybe skim through my thread...
Oh yeah, I read through that thread earlier this week... Thats why I was hoping it was a CDI. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the case in my situation.
So to summarize where I'm at...
- I tried an AGM battery: No spark
- I tried my lithium ion battery: No spark
- Swapped in New CDI: No spark
- Swapped in new coil: No spark
- That damn aca12115-4 relay crapped out... neutral light won't come on unless I jump the sky blue to the white/black: Still no spark (ordered another one of those)
- Took apart the kill switch and cleaned the contacts, nothing appears to be grounding out.
- Checked the regulator with the multimeter: Checked out fine
- Checked Stator wiring: I believe I was supposed to get White/Blue to White/Green 450-550 Ohms and Red to Green 0.5 Ohms. I got Open Line on all combinations accept Red to White/Blue: 0.2 Ohms. So that leads me to think the stator crapped out. So what the hell, ordered one of those.
At this point, everything in the electrical system aside from the regulator and the starter solenoid will be new. Like I said, trying to find the positives. It will be good to have trail spares for CDI and coil.
Time for a beer... need to kill off some slow brain cells.