Crank - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Crank

Hi guys!,

So I finally got round to splitting the cases on my 04 rappy, I've found a bit of heat marking on the crank and a lot of play on the conection rod, side tonsil and up and down. , I've priced up and bought hot rods new complete crank and rod. Was gunna leave the piston as cylinder looks fine, piston isn't too bad I think.

Now, I got a phone call of the guy and "buy 2 race" (the company I've bought the crank of) and has told me that it could take up to 2 weeks before they get it in stock, but offered me a rectified crank with a new wossner conecting rodn balanced and new bearings, All ready to mount. Also I would also get 150 euro back as a price difference. They charge 250 including the rod which costs 135.

What do you guys think?
Is he trying to pull a fast one or is it a good deal?
Is it OK to get a rectified one Instead of new?
And anything you guys think I should do mandatory while I have it apart besides a new cam chain that I will be putting on?

Thanks guys!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:16 PM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiri23 View Post
Hi guys!,

So I finally got round to splitting the cases on my 04 rappy, I've found a bit of heat marking on the crank and a lot of play on the conection rod, side tonsil and up and down. , I've priced up and bought hot rods new complete crank and rod. Was gunna leave the piston as cylinder looks fine, piston isn't too bad I think.

Now, I got a phone call of the guy and "buy 2 race" (the company I've bought the crank of) and has told me that it could take up to 2 weeks before they get it in stock, but offered me a rectified crank with a new wossner conecting rodn balanced and new bearings, All ready to mount. Also I would also get 150 euro back as a price difference. They charge 250 including the rod which costs 135.

What do you guys think?
Is he trying to pull a fast one or is it a good deal?
Is it OK to get a rectified one Instead of new?
And anything you guys think I should do mandatory while I have it apart besides a new cam chain that I will be putting on?

Thanks guys!!
I would always trust a rebuilt oem crank with new rod over a hotrods crank. They are known to fail in the 700s, haven’t heard much about the smaller bikes in awhile. I would replace the oil pump and do a real good inspection if the transmission while it’s apart.

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
Sparks big core, k&n no lid, yz needle, yz timing mod, +4 swingarm.
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
Cuervo 930, lectron, msd, db fab titanium chasis.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks t web,

I finally opted to get my oem rectified with a new wossner conecting rod and a wossner piston. I ran through all the gears including reverse several times and everything was sweet.
Strange thing.. still can't work it out but I got the good through the post today, and the wossner 83,5mm wossner piston doesn't fit into my cylinder! I measured several times and tried to place it in both ends and deffinately to bit, 0,70mm to big. Any explication? Why is this? Could it be because of overheat damage?
So now I've got a new cylinder coming tomorrow. Just put the cases back together and will carry on with the rebuild tomorrow..

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Thanks t web,

I finally opted to get my oem rectified with a new wossner conecting rod and a wossner piston. I ran through all the gears including reverse several times and everything was sweet.
Strange thing.. still can't work it out but I got the good through the post today, and the wossner 83,5mm wossner piston doesn't fit into my cylinder! I measured several times and tried to place it in both ends and deffinately to bit, 0,70mm to big. Any explication? Why is this? Could it be because of overheat damage?
So now I've got a new cylinder coming tomorrow. Just put the cases back together and will carry on with the rebuild tomorrow..
That is larger than oem, you will need a different cylinder or need to have yours reworked for that piston.

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Ahh.. so what is stock size, 83? And I have got another cylinder coming. I thought stock was 83,5.. and, another thing, only thing that's done to it is a power core pipe on it, everything else stock. I have bought a twin air filter, and now with the bigger piston and cylinder does thins mean I should a just the carb?
I don't really have a clue on what size jets I should have for different mods..
Any help much appreciated
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:51 PM
Lifetime VIP

Quote:
Ahh.. so what is stock size, 83? And I have got another cylinder coming. I thought stock was 83,5.. and, another thing, only thing that's done to it is a power core pipe on it, everything else stock. I have bought a twin air filter, and now with the bigger piston and cylinder does thins mean I should a just the carb?
I don't really have a clue on what size jets I should have for different mods..
Any help much appreciated
The increase in displacement is a minor deal, the exhaust and intake affect the jetting a bunch.

2015 700Rse
08 yfz450se
“Peepshow”
”Monarchy”

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode