What's The Issue?? - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question What's The Issue??

Everything runs fine once its warmed up but when it first starts it seems to have a sort of backfire from the carb in low RPMs, almost seems like a "hiccup". If anyone has any tips to fix the issue please let me know. Replacing the filter and filter cage soon so hopefully it runs a little smoother. Could the air filter be letting in too much air? The foam on the under side of the cage is worn badly so it doesn't make a tight seal when placed in the airbox. Hence why I am replacing the entire cage. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Will update if the new filter and cage fixes the issue.

2005 Raptor 350
Pro Circuit T-4 Slip On
Jetted
Moose Racing Air Filter
AC Racing Nerfs
DG A-Arm Guards
ICON Forged Racing Piston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed new filter and cage, still a slight "Hiccup" coming from the carb but nothing major. Possible carb adjustment should fix this just dont know much about it, anyways. Increased performance a little bit according to a GPS Speedometer app on my phone. Was 59MPH with old filter now running 61MPH when wide open. Does this sound about right for a slightly modded 2005 350?

2005 Raptor 350
Pro Circuit T-4 Slip On
Jetted
Moose Racing Air Filter
AC Racing Nerfs
DG A-Arm Guards
ICON Forged Racing Piston
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:15 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
If it's only during start up I wouldn't worry about it. During warm up with the carb choke on or even a throttle body won't allow proper fuel distribution. Be patient and allow warm up before hitting the throttle.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode