Need modding help - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By D13
  • 1 Post By morphrider
  • 2 Post By KB Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Need modding help

I have a 2008 Yamaha raptor 350 which came with a DG exhaust, DG bumper, and extended rear axle. Other than that I believe it is mostly stock. I am currently looking for a new carburetor, a replacement chain and sprocket, and maybe looking at a different pipe.

The carb has a few of the bowl mounting threads stripped because the previous owner was an idiot. It leaks like a hose whenever the gas is on. Will getting a specific carb increase performance?

I am looking to maybe get some extra quickness from the chain and sprockets. Should I change tooth in the back or front? How much will that effect it overall?

The pipe I have is DG and is louder than heck but I don’t feel any extra power coming from it. Should I replace with a better one? I’d like to get some low end grunt.
-Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 04:27 PM
D13

I've heard that a slip on does very little to increase power exhaust wise. If your gonna go with an exhaust its recommended to go with a full one
morphrider and DEZPERADO like this.

Ehh.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 09:58 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Smaller sprocket in front, larger in rear will make it quicker but affect top end. Does the pipe need repacking? That will affect performance too.
DEZPERADO likes this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

The pipe doesn’t look like it needs to be repacked. I think I’ll go with different full one. Any suggestions?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

How many teeth would you suggest for the front and rear sprocket?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to KB Motorsports Send a message via MSN to KB Motorsports
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08YamahaRaptor350 View Post
I have a 2008 Yamaha raptor 350 which came with a DG exhaust, DG bumper, and extended rear axle. Other than that I believe it is mostly stock. I am currently looking for a new carburetor, a replacement chain and sprocket, and maybe looking at a different pipe.

The carb has a few of the bowl mounting threads stripped because the previous owner was an idiot. It leaks like a hose whenever the gas is on. Will getting a specific carb increase performance?

I am looking to maybe get some extra quickness from the chain and sprockets. Should I change tooth in the back or front? How much will that effect it overall?

The pipe I have is DG and is louder than heck but I don’t feel any extra power coming from it. Should I replace with a better one? I’d like to get some low end grunt.
-Thanks!
The DG exhaust was popular along with the White Brothers E-Series, FMF Megamax back in the day for the Warrior. The Slip on was the best bang for your dollar until you went big bore stroker kit. Realistically the header on the warrior is fine for several different engine combinations.

You may be tempted to purchase an Edelbrock carburetor off e-bay. You shouldn't because replacement parts are almost impossible to purchase. The throttle cable which we've had a lot of calls about lately are completely sold out. I would try and replace the float in your current carb and see if that helps the fuel. You should be able to find someone to clean up the threads of the bowl.

I preferred stock gearing on the warrior back in the day, but if your trails are really tight and you're having issues with it stalling go up 1-2 teeth in the rear. However, I wouldn't do anything until you get the carb issues sorted.
morphrider and DEZPERADO like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode