Air box mod? - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By smokeum99ta

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2016, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Air box mod?

I've searched high and low, and can't find anything on the mod other than people mentioning it. What exactly is done? And can someone please post a picture of the mod. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Since no one would chime in on what the air box mod is, I gave it a shot on. This is what I did.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

The air box mod I did worked fine but wasn't up to my standards with what I wanted. So I put a k&n filter on it ( part number RU-0175). Changed the jetting around some (47.5 pilot and 105 main) and I'm very happy with the results. Got the Jets from www.jetsrus.com and don't look for them under thier search cause it's gave me the wrong carb, look under Teikei carbs. Hope this helps everyone else out cause I couldn't find anything when I looked lol

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

I also ordered a outerwear for the air filter. Don't remember the part number I simply called them and told them what air filter I was getting and they had one that was made for it.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Wow, thanks for that follow up. Great pics too to show exactly what needs to happen!

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 09:54 PM

Garage
A lot of companies sell vents you can install in your air box. You drill out the required size hole and the little mesh screens pop in. But In your case I think the holes are a little big. So I think if you cleaned up around the holes real nice and just got some screen for a window and cut out a square to cover the hole from the inside, you could glue it in place with some silicone or epoxy of some sort. It will help keep out the extra debris.

I just removed my lid, I have too much water and mud where I live to do anything else to the air box.

(Thor) 2016 Raptor 700r SE
11.1 CP Piston, HC3, Cuervo Racing +3 TB, Gutted Big Guns EXO, Pro Design Foam Intake, AIS Delete, PCV & Autotune with Cuervo Timing Curve, Driveline Performance HD Clutch, GBC XC Master Tires, Trail Tech Vapor With Billet Mount, Powermadd Star Series Hand Guards, ODI Rogue Grips, Custom Grab Bar, Pro Armor Bully Guard, Pro Armor Full Skids, TM Designworks Poly Case Saver, Auxbeam 12'' LED Light Bar, Front & Rear Shock Rebuild by Jogaca
Authorized Amsoil Dealer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMOWERYx View Post
A lot of companies sell vents you can install in your air box. You drill out the required size hole and the little mesh screens pop in. But In your case I think the holes are a little big. So I think if you cleaned up around the holes real nice and just got some screen for a window and cut out a square to cover the hole from the inside, you could glue it in place with some silicone or epoxy of some sort. It will help keep out the extra debris.

I just removed my lid, I have too much water and mud where I live to do anything else to the air box.
The holes are 1", my original plan was to use those vents. They said they to drill 1" holes for them. Where I drilled the holes the air still has to go thru the filter so I didn't buy them. But yeah it would've been the same as just taking off the lid like you.

Same here with the mud that's why I bought a outerwear for it. Thinking about making some sort of snorkel kit for it just to get the filter up higher in the air.
xMOWERYx likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-27-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Here's some pictures of it with the outerwear

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:52 AM

I'm on jetsrus.com page did you get style 1 or style 2 pilot jet. What other mods do you have on your Raptor

thanks for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeum99ta View Post
Here's some pictures of it with the outerwear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode