2017 Raptor 90 cutting out issue - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

2017 Raptor 90 cutting out issue

Bought 2017 Raptor towards the beginning of 2018. We went over to the dunes twice and quad has ran great. We have started the quad and rode around the house a few times throughout the winter to keep it running well. We went over to the dunes this week and it ran great the first day but the second day my son said he felt like the motor was cutting out for a split second then power would come back. The bike was also idling up and down poorly after riding hard. A cold start idle would be fine. The other weird thing is the bike will not cut out with my wife or I riding it around the flat area to see if we could get it to do it, only when either of my sons would ride it would it happen. I had them ride around us I could visually see it cut out and almost lurch forward while they are riding it. The bike is basically brand new except for a few rides at the dunes and just putting around the pavement around our house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 AM

i have heard of this happening once before are you throwing any codes or check engine light?

CHECK OUT MY INSTAGRAM @RAPTORMAN_406 OR YOUTUBE RAPTORMAN406 !! RAPTORMAN406.COM
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 12:40 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Do they know how to shift and not hit the rev limiter?

Replace the spark plug.

Check the rubber carb manifold for a loose clamps/bolts or a bad gasket/seal.

Is it possible some sand got in the tank during refill?

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

2007 RAPTOR 700, SAND QUAD, 11:1 CP, +5 HR CRANK, PC3, +2 TB, LONE STAR XC +1, +1 A-ARMS, HD TIE RODS, JOGACA REAR SHOCK, ASV LEVERS, +4 REAR AXLE, DR.D REVERSE, ODI GRIPS, 1 1/8 CARBON BARS, DG BUMPER. BILLET: GAS CAP, BRAKE COVER, THROTTLE LEVER, BAR MOUNTS. LED LIGHTS'

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Not sure on the codes being thrown how do you see that? Also the raptor 90 doesn't need to be shifted it's an automatic so not sure on the rev limiter. I will check the other stuff. It's just very weird that it only does it when a small child is on it but not when I am trying to figure it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode