Raptor Forum banner

2017 Raptor 90 issue after jumping

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Jodiesel 
#1 ·
Went riding over at the dunes over the weekend. 1st day of riding quad ran great. 2nd day we went out in a downpour and bike ran great for about an hour then all of a sudden at half throttle the bike would bog down almost like it ran out of gas. If you let off throttle it would be decent, as soon as more throttle applied bike almost died. We got it back to camp and let it sit until next day light. Bike started up and ran great the entire day not one hiccup at all. Then the 4th day bike was running great then my son decided he wanted to jump over the back of a little razor back dune. Front tires where coming off ground a little bit but back tires not at all so when say jumping I am meaning an 8 year old idea of jumping a razor back lol. All of a sudden it started bogging down again and wanting to die with half or full throttle. Bike didn't magically fix itself like the time before. I am assuming carb problem maybe? But wondering why it got better then worse again.

#2 ·
Hmm Strange problem. I remember troubleshooting an on again/off again problem with my kid's 90. Turned out the boy kept thumbing the choke lever while riding. With the choke partially on, the bike would seem to run fine at low rpm but bog when giving it throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.