Raptor Forum banner

Spanner Socket for Pinion Gear.

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Raptor 1234 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Rebuilding a 2003 Yamaha Raptor 80.. Currently taking apart the rear diff. To get out the Pinion gear you need a Spanner Socket.. It looks like the part number for the Yamaha tool is no longer good.
Anybody know who sells the correct Spanner socket? Yamaha lists it as 32mm but I don't see how that is possible. Pin to Pin on the nut is 48mm.. Any help is greatly appreciated..

#2 · (Edited)
Ok, So it would appear that this question has been asked many times on many forums for many years and no one has ever answered this question... After many hours of searching I have found the correct information!

First pay no attention to the Yamaha part number in the Raptor 80 service manual, it is incorrect. The correct Yamaha Part number for the Ring Nut Wrench / Socket is YM-38404. But Yamaha no longer has this tool to ship. You have to order it directly from the company that makes it.. K&L Supply Company. The K&L part number is KL-0530R This number along with the Yamaha part number are on the tool itself. But when you call them they go by the part number 35-38404. That is the number you give them in order to buy the part. It cost $45 + Shipping. This tool will work on the rear end pinion gear and also on the rear axle hub. It is needed if you want to change worn out bearings. I am including pics of the rear pinion with the nut as well as the tool.
Here is a link to K&L

Well guess you don't get the link since I am new here... Go to klsupply.com and use part number 35-38404

Attachments

#3 ·
That is great work detective!

Welcome to the forum and thanks so much for returning to post an answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.