2015 Henderson 250 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By jdacus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime VIP

Garage
2015 Henderson 250

Well I wasn't planning on it but it worked out and I took another trip down to Vegas for the Henderson 250 last weekend. Now if any of you are aware my race Raptor is torn down to the frame still so I swapped over a bunch of parts, mainly suspension, to my practice Raptor.

We started at 6:15 AM in Jean Nevada, about 30 minutes south of Henderson/Vegas and it was COLD. The temps were between 19 and 25 degrees. The Henderson 250 is a side by side start with 43 mile laps and a grand prix finish. 2 laps mandatory. So that was cool & different but the first lap was COLD COLD COLD! My finger tips were numb even with my winter riding gloves. Fortunately my water didn't freeze like a lot of other guy's did. I started a few rows back in my class with 8 total entries in the Ironman Expert class. I was able to pass many bikes and a few quads in the first lap.

Lap 2 was a bit harder since the sun had begun to come out from behind the mountain and lit up the dust in typical BITD fashion. Still I was able to push hard and pass more bikes and a quad or two. I had to stop for about 45 seconds as I came upon a bike #O45 who had gone down and later to find out he had a lower back injury. There were a few other riders there and we scrambled to write down some of his info to pass on to the next BITD official. It's hard because obviously if the guy is hurt or in a life threatening situation you should not leave his side but you also forfeit your race with no time rewarded back. So I made my stop quick as there were two other guys on bikes there with him already.

Lap 3 was by far the most fun and fastest lap I had. The sun hard risen high enough to not light up the dust and I was able to push the hardest. Also the course had been smoothed out a tab with all the travel on it and the quad ruts had developed a bit so cornering was a lot easier.

I came in with a time of 3:O1:38 and took 3rd place in my class. I was only 12 seconds ahead of 4th place of Zack Richardson who I passed while he was in the pits.

It was a fun race for sure but a lot of time and money went into it and in the end I'm not entirely happy with the way BITD treats us quad and bike guys. They cut our race short to 134 miles so that the trucks can get out on course and run a whole 240 miles. They also hide our damn tech station and no one knows where it is. So as of now I'm undecided whether or not I want to race for points in the BITD series in 2017. I'll probably still do V2R next year but that may be it.

Here's a few pictures...

Yamaha211 and mattzila like this.

2007 727cc Desert Raptor
2007 Practice/Trail Raptor

2015 Silver State 300 Race Video

2015 Vegas to Reno Race Video

Follow me on Instagram @Quadrider700

Finished the 545 Mile Vegas to Reno Ironman

Last edited by jdacus; 12-08-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 09:07 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Sounds like another fun race! Thanks for the detailed info on events, it's enjoyable envious reading.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 11:47 AM

I cant remember being so jealous and excited for someone. Just friggin awesome.
#TeamJdacus

I wouldn't wanna be a member of any club that would have me.
06, 11:1, HC3, +3TB, Barkers, PCV w/DL700 timing+autotune, rigid light bar, HIDs in stock housings, 2 AUX floods, FCI w/box, Fastflexx bars, JOGACA shocks, driveline performance clutch with full fiber mod, pro armor nerfs, honda thumb throttle, sixpack rack(holds 12 if still in the box).
'74 wife, w/big 2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode