Ok here you go! few questions.
1. I don't know the area well, I usually go to either to the state park in Florence or surrounding area for full up or close to a an area where I can refill etc.
2. do you recommend any surrounding area with access to the dunes where I can unload/hook up the RV? that way I have full hook up.
3. I got a raptor, wife has a Honda 420 - ok?
4. do you have a GPS location info so I can google map it and see where the dry-camp sites are ?
that should be it! I am going to see if I can plan it out and book some time off now!
1. Winchester Bay has water, dump and fuel at the port (fishing). They do charge $5 for a dump, and some for fresh water. In town has quad rentals, restaurants, full service cycle parts and shop, including a dyno. Also, fresh seafood and pizza. About 10 minutes is the town of Reedsport with water, dump, fuel as well as major groceries, auto parts, tires, and hardware. Restaurants, bakery, McDonalds, tattoo shop, cycle shop, pizza, RV parts and repair, church and other touristy stuff.
2. Other camping close to the dunes: Triangle Road is just that. A road on the back of the main campground and the rally group site thru short trails. No hook up but generators are allowed, reserve a site thru the rally FB or I can help.
Discovery Point camp ground has full hook ups, water, electric, sewer, fire pit, table, showers and cable TV that I couldn't get to work. About 1/4mi of sand road to the rally campground, or continue to the dunes.
Further away are Camp grounds "A" & "B". Full hook up, table, showers, fires rings and no cable TV. About 1/4mi of asphalt to sand, then 1/4mi to the rally.
3. Raptors aren't required to attend. Honda, Suzuki, Kaws, KTM, and even 2 wheels and SxS. The photo shoot features Raptors first, then all others line up. Enter the photo shoot thru the Yamaha flags and each gets a free ticket for the drawings at the Saturday dinner.
4. Sorry, no GPS location. You can Google each camp ground, Winchester Bay, Windy Cove, Salmon Harbor Drive, or Reedsport. Just be sure you are in Oregon, as there is a Winchester bay on the east coast and you may also get California.
The area is similar to Florence with tall and short hills. But I would say Florence has more drop-offs depending on the wind, but caution is needed at both areas. I can help with the lay of the land. It is right along the ocean and you can see it from most of the sand so it's hard to get lost. All the camp grounds are North.
All activities require signing a release and a wrist bracelet. One bracelet is included with rally camp reservations and additional are $10 for adults. You'll eat that much at the catered dinner. Free raffle tickets are available from different functions and the grand prize tickets are $1 each or $20 for 25. Grand prize is usually worth well over $1000. Raptor parts, riding gear, gift certificates, even race fuel has been given away. I recently won a extended swing arm ($600 value), 2pr of riding pants, two $50 gift certificates, and more. This year, Florence Yamaha will give a 20% off purchases, just show your wrist bracelet.
Whew, I don't usually type well, so I'm done for now. Anyone with questions, just ask.