Yamaha Raptor Forum

Yamaha Raptor Forum (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/)
-   Rider Locations / Meets (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/77-rider-locations-meets/)
-   -   Little Sahara (https://www.raptorforum.com/forums/77-rider-locations-meets/369729-little-sahara.html)

DEZPERADO 11-08-2017 11:42 PM

The main thing about sand is you have to MOVE SAND. Be aggressive when starting, climbing or squirting around a bush or stump. Lean forward to keep the front end down, or flip the rear link. Take off your skid plate.

4stroker4life 03-25-2018 12:27 PM

Were going back to little sahara in a few weeks. I think the 18th-22nd, but i will update if that changes. Everyone who can come, should!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mattzila 03-25-2018 09:04 PM

As Dez says, the Skat Traks seem to be about as good as it gets. My sandstars will do, but I want the Skat edges. I just can't justify the $ for a once (sometimes twice) a year run. I went to a 15 tooth sprocket, that combined with lower air pressure and that's got me back to having more power than I need (not more than I want though).

I doubt I come back in April, however my dad has a brother in Tulsa so if my pops would ride with me that far........IDK
The Dunes have GROWN out there. By maybe as much as a story. We confirmed this with locals on our last trip. I doubt it happened before your trip, more likely over the winter. Be ready to see it again for the first time. I'm even smiling now.

xcaddict 03-26-2018 07:33 AM

My wife and I will be there the following week. I can't wait!

BlackSupra 03-26-2018 07:46 AM

Just out of curiosity. How long do those paddle tyres last on sand?

PHX RAPTOR 03-26-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSupra (Post 3405521)

A long time as long you donít ride anywhere else with them. My current set of paddles has lasted me 4 seasons and honestly they could probably go another 4 if they donít dry rot first here in the dry climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEZPERADO 03-26-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackSupra (Post 3405521)

The paddles will last forever, But high horsepower, roots and gravel may rip some loose, asphalt/concrete will wear them fast going to the sand and running really low pressure will break down the sidewall. Some brands like Skat Trak will loose air if buffed to thin. Paddles also work great in snow but not ice.

DEZPERADO 03-26-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHX RAPTOR (Post 3405553)
A long time as long you donít ride anywhere else with them. My current set of paddles has lasted me 4 seasons and honestly they could probably go another 4 if they donít dry rot first here in the dry climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try using a tire dressing spray to prevent rot.

4stroker4life 04-11-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4stroker4life (Post 3405249)
Were going back to little sahara in a few weeks. I think the 18th-22nd, but i will update if that changes. Everyone who can come, should!

Our trip has been postponed. Date pending, but soon. Probly early may, im anxious to get out there[emoji4]