Little Sahara - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Little Sahara

So me and a friend want to take a trip to little sahara in oklahoma soon. Never been before, was wondering if there was any upcoming events or anything? or we just go anytime? Tips or advice for a first timer? You dont have to have a title or anything silly like that do ya? I know we need flags, anything else?

Also, i have never rode on sand before. How much do i really need sand tires on the front?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Lifetime VIP

I was there in 2013 awesome place.
You need flags thatís about it

You donít need the front tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
4stroker4life likes this.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 06:43 PM

I go once or twice a year. No title needed. Front sand tires aren't needed - I usually don't even use them on the rear.

You are supposed to get a wrist band each day from the park office. It is $10 per day.

Fun place. We usually go during the week so there isn't as much traffic. Even weekends aren't bad though, just stay alert.

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 04:36 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

No events coming up at all. No title no problem, main thing is if you have under 18 yr old they need a helmet, flag that is 10ft tall (if I remember correctly) off your bike. It will be tough getting around on stock tires if the sand is dry and usually don't need front sand tires at all, unless you go quite often. Keep your head on a swivel everywhere especially trails, the SXS don't care about you because they have a cage. Best practice is to ride in groups or pairs. Go up the dunes slow just because of the unknown on the other side.

post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the respose guys, im super excited! I have some sand geckos for the rear, just need to get them mounted and get a flag and i guess im good to go! We are thinking probly the first week of november, so if anyone wants to join us, the more the better. On a side note, is there a dyno close to there? There is definitely not one close to home and it would be a great opportunity to get it done if there was one nearby...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 04:33 PM

There is one on your way. Sand toys in Tulsa, they do a good job for a reasonable price. Like 90/hr on the dyno, took him only about a hour to tune mine.

post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

I think thats where my friend had his kfx450 done and he really liked them. I will be with a group and dont want to hold them up too much, but if i drive they wont have a choice i found one online in wanoka oklahoma called "little sahara power sports" i havnt tried to contact them yet but if its right there nearby that would be ideal for me. Anyone heard of or used them for dyno tuning?

Also, i dug out the sand tires. They are not geckos, they are kenda "the trakker" 8 paddles. Any good? I want to be able to get around well, even if it means i need to get something different

Last edited by 4stroker4life; 10-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 05:58 PM

They should get you around fairly well. Won't win many races with them, but they will work. Take your dirt tires just in case. They sold their dyno a year or two back, Mike was a great tuner but they said insurance was getting out of hand for it. There are only two that I can recall in Oklahoma and Tulsa's is by far the cheaper of the two.

post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Heck of a lot cheaper than what I paid at Vickery in Denver. That set me back $350.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 12:38 AM

4Stroker, We've made the trip from St. Louis 5 or 6 times in the last 4 years. All the advice given is spot on. There's Stewarts Power Sports in Waynoka. I have nothing but good things to say about those guys. The Lil sahara website will tell you what flag height has to be, its gotta hit a goalpost type thing on your way in. I think its a 8 ft flag which will be 10 or more of the ground (like Cammy said). You can get em at Stewarts cheaper than in STL.
One of our trips was in NOV. the weather was good but the sand was pretty rough. If you can get there on a thurs. or as early as possible on friday before it gets to beat up. I'll P.M. ya my # tomorrow when I'm home. I can fill you in on such things as...finding your way back in the dark when you're lost as F#$ck, exactly how much of a "head on a swivel you need (alot), and the local wildlife you may OR may not come across such as porcupines and rattlesnakes, and the liquor laws (they aint like ours). You're gonna love it man.
Cammy and 4stroker4life like this.

I wouldn't wanna be a member of any club that would have me.
06, 11:1, HC3, +3TB, Barkers, PCV w/DL700 timing+autotune, rigid light bar, HIDs in stock housings, 2 AUX floods, FCI w/box, Fastflexx bars, JOGACA shocks, driveline performance clutch with full fiber mod, pro armor nerfs, honda thumb throttle, sixpack rack(holds 12 if still in the box).
'74 wife, w/big 2.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode