Went to Little Sahara UT for New Years. - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Went to Little Sahara UT for New Years.

Just got back from little Sahara... it was a blast. Sorry I didn't get very many pics of myself... mostly 'cause I'm still chicken from my wreck. But here's one of me... and one of therineman... it was awesome... I'll have some vids later when I have time to compress and post them.

Weather was in the 20s all day. Cold and foggy in the morning... but then really nice and sunny in the afternoon.

-SS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SSdunes.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1006   Click image for larger version

Name:	therinemanDunes.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1008  
Attached Files
File Type: jpg_thumb SSdunes.jpg_thumb (27.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg_thumb therinemanDunes.jpg_thumb (34.3 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 01:59 AM
Lifetime VIP

Re: Went to Little Sahara UT for New Years.

Nice pics Damn thats some air.

2009 Raptor 700- D7 Dual Injector Turbo
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 AM

where's little sahara at?

PCIII Maps Here:
http://www.krandall.com

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, The valiant never taste of death but once."
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to doubt

The great state of UTAH!! I cry every day since ive moved away from there. :cry:

http://www.utah.com/playgrounds/little_sahara.htm
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 PM

I went out there on Sat, 27 degrees but the snow on the sand was a blast

06 Raptor700 Blue<br />DMC Afterburner Exhaust (Save Our Sport) Baffle<br />Pro Flow Intake<br />EHS Racing Lid<br />PCIII<br />Iridium plug <br />Ricochet A-Arm Guards,Rear skid plate<br />15 Tooth front sprocket<br />Tusk Aluminum Gas Cap<br />Dr D Reverse Lever<br />DG Alloy Nerfs<br />Trail Tech X-Bars Blue Mid Bend, Big Bar Logo Kit
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM

Dune guide has some great info about LS Utah as well
http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_g...tle_sahara.htm

Snow is fun but can hide some nasty holes sometimes, so use caution.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:31 PM

is it to cold to bother with paddles? will they just get tore up? should i keep my stockers on?

<br />2006 700R<br />LTE Duals, Pro-Design K&amp;N intake, PC3, 15T, Pro-Taper Raptor bend<br />Adapt/IMS graphics, CR8EIX, 07 black rims, Spider Grips, AMS Sidewinders, GYTR A-arm guards, GYTR brake pedal, 07 seat cover, Acerbis hand guards, PRM grab bar, Pro armor bumper, MSR shorty clutch perch, DRR grip its&#039;, BADA Grill
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 04:45 PM

I don't know about the paddles getting tore up or not I ran mine without and had plenty of traction If you shoot the hill the paddles will help.

06 Raptor700 Blue<br />DMC Afterburner Exhaust (Save Our Sport) Baffle<br />Pro Flow Intake<br />EHS Racing Lid<br />PCIII<br />Iridium plug <br />Ricochet A-Arm Guards,Rear skid plate<br />15 Tooth front sprocket<br />Tusk Aluminum Gas Cap<br />Dr D Reverse Lever<br />DG Alloy Nerfs<br />Trail Tech X-Bars Blue Mid Bend, Big Bar Logo Kit
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

I ran without paddles... with mostly worn out stockers... and had a little trouble, but nothing I couldn't handle... mostly it was just more difficult to make it to the top of a dune if there was snow on the face... but in regular sand it was no problem... a few guys were running the maxxis razor and had NO trouble whatsoever... one guy was running paddles, and it didn't seem to make much difference... if the snow is too deep for the paddle to penetrate, then it will just slip, since snow has nearly no mass at all. If the paddle CAN penetrate below the snow into the sand, then you will get traction, but most of the snow we saw was 1" deep or less, so nothing to worry about with regular tires.

-SS
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to Russ350r

I might have to try to get there this summer. I think that is where we used to drive the old Honda Odessey way back in the day! I was born in Delta and lived in Nephi til I was 7. My dad still lives in UT near Bryce Canyon. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a road trip.

07 GYTR&nbsp; PCIII&nbsp; Pro Design&nbsp; K&amp;N&nbsp; EHS Racing&nbsp; DMC Duals<br />FLEXX Bars&nbsp; ASV Levers&nbsp; Spider Grips ROX Powermadd<br />Pro Armor Chassis and Swingarm skids and Nerfs<br />Precision stabilizer&nbsp; ITP T-9s&nbsp; GNCCs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode