"I still got it with my stock raptor" - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By SDTRX450R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

"I still got it with my stock raptor"

I got a good one for you guys.

I was a glamis the weekend after Halloween, with some friends of ours. So the friend with the 2006 Raptor 700 comes up and asks someone else in camp what is left stock my bike, which is a 2005 TRX450R, the other person in camp told him "the frame" (just so its out there i have more stock parts left on my bike than the frame, but that what was said). I overheard the conversation and went over to talk, to which i was asked what was left stock on my bike, I listed all the parts I could think of that meant anything, including the bottom end of the motor, the swing arm, and the frame that was mentioned earlier. My friend with the 700 replied, "I still got it with my stock raptor". All I said in response was, "well, I guess we need to go to the hill." so we all packed up our gear and went to the hill. when we got to the hill i went up a couple times to make sure there wasn't anything unexpected. then he pulled up on his raptor and raced, he got out ahead of me by 2 bike lengths, but once I shifted into 4th I drove by him like he wasn't moving, and ended up beating him by 4-5 bike lengths. He must have thought it was a fluke because he pulled up for another try, I left and never saw him again, I put no doubt in him mind that I was faster because he gave up and turned around and went and parked his bike before he even got to the top.

After racing a few more bikes, I went and parked my bike, and sense he talked crap, I figured I would return the favor and ask him what happened, to which he responded that I have three bikes worth of money in my bike, which isn't even close to true, as far as I know, I don't even have the amount of money in my bike as he has in his, (he bought his bike new).

Well I don't know if you guys enjoy hearing about a raptor getting beat, but oh well, its probably me favorite story to go with a race I have.

I just hope he shows up with something done to his bike this year.

05 TRX511R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:03 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Nice to have you here. Any kill stories are good. There is ALWAYS someone out there faster. Regardless of the machine, it's all what's inside.

Great story.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
Nice to have you here. Any kill stories are good. There is ALWAYS someone out there faster. Regardless of the machine, it's all what's inside.

Great story.
Unfortunately, no matter what you got, that couldn't be more true, there's always someone faster, like I said, I'm hoping he comes with something done to his bike, nothing like a good old camp competition.
morphrider likes this.

05 TRX511R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode