Raptor Forum banner

New SwingArm *Picture *

6K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  Randy27 
#1 ·
I have this swingarm on order for a month and picked it up today. It is a +10 to try and keep the front end under control of my Kenz 797, that is now lighter than ever. I can't wait to try it out. I bought this swingarm through Redline Racing. Cameron had great customer service, he promptly returned every phone call and delivered exactly on time. It is my first dealings with Redline, He seems very orgainized and responsible. I paid $950.00 with chrome. I bought a DID chain 140 length and a long brake line. I will post a pic as soon as it's installed.

See less See more
#52 ·
digitalhearing said:
shotcaller said:
digitalhearing said:
I was told to use a YFZ chain guard for the front and that's all I would need :3question: Bruce, do you have a picture of yours installed?

Grant
I'm mounting mine on the shifter side footpeg using the upper footpeg mounting bolt. You'll probably have to shorten the bolt and spacer that the roller uses. Here is one on my YFZ. My swing arm chrome was ruined by the chain. The roller cured the problem.
Thanks for the cool Picture, does it protect the rear chrome on the swingarm?

Grant
It keeps the chain tight when the suspension compresses. The chain will flap side to side and get all over the chrome when the suspension compresses without the tensioner. I use a modified Raptor guide in the front and a Banshee slider in the rear. RDZ only had a blue one and a yellow one left as of today. I got the red one.

#55 ·
digitalhearing said:
I see, it makes a difference when the suspension flexes..... It sounds like it's a good investment, i'll see when they will get another black one in stock. Gouged up chrome would be irritating.

Grant
I think they are just cheap skate board wheels.The chain loosens as the suspension compresses. Good luck...I'd hate to see that work of art scratched up.

#56 ·
shotcaller said:
digitalhearing said:
I see, it makes a difference when the suspension flexes..... It sounds like it's a good investment, i'll see when they will get another black one in stock. Gouged up chrome would be irritating.

Grant
I think they are just cheap skate board wheels.The chain loosens as the suspension compresses. Good luck...I'd hate to see that work of art scratched up.
I just ordered one of these tentioners, he did say the wheel can be replaced to my color liking--skateboard style--.

Thanks for the help +1
Grant

#59 ·
shotcaller said:
digitalhearing said:
I was told to use a YFZ chain guard for the front and that's all I would need :3question: Bruce, do you have a picture of yours installed?

Grant
I'm mounting mine on the shifter side footpeg using the upper footpeg mounting bolt. You'll probably have to shorten the bolt and spacer that the roller uses. Here is one on my YFZ. My swing arm chrome was ruined by the chain. The roller cured the problem.
Thats a great looking quad shotcaller
my 2nd thought was of you shredding your lawn :burnout:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.