K&N size for Pro-Design adapter? - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
Some more photos of the size and shape. Let me know if the numbers helped
Your filter looks like an oval one, where as the 700 filter is a round cone style.

The numbers on your filter cross reference to a Banshee filter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 04:55 PM

Idk. Its a perfect Fit on the adaptor. Clears the air box and all. Un less i have a larger adaptor on mine
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:07 PM
VIP

Quote:
Idk. Its a perfect Fit on the adaptor. Clears the air box and all. Un less i have a larger adaptor on mine
Yours is definitely a Banshee filter. It has an oval end cap and the front flange is oval as well. The inner diameter is 3.625" across and I'm sure if you squeeze it from it's oval shape to make it round it will fit your adaptor.

This is a pic of the Banshee filter which matches the shape and the numbers on the end cap of your filter.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:56 PM

I meserd the inside and its like 3 5/8 round hole so maby i have a diferent adaptor.it a tight fit on the adaptor. I tryed to take a photo of it the best i could.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1394664730570.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	283.7 KB
ID:	78305  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:03 PM Thread Starter

I picked up the Pro Design adapter from ebay($25, new) if the K&N RU-3130 is the right match, it looks like I can get that for $35. Hard to beat that total price!
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 PM
VIP

Your adaptor is correct. Your filter is for a Banshee though and has an oval opening instead of the correct round opening like the first pic I posted for the OP.

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 PM

I guess that one was cheaper or maby instock and thats y he had it in there.thanks for letting me know. I gess when i need to finaly replace it they all whare out at some point ill have to check both out and see which one i like. It dose serprisinly hold the round shape verry well.do u think one would be better then the other.or sence there about the same filtering size and both k&n there about the same. Just wondering if ones $10 cheaper just to get that one ?
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:25 PM
VIP

Quote:
I guess that one was cheaper or maby instock and thats y he had it in there.thanks for letting me know. I gess when i need to finaly replace it they all whare out at some point ill have to check both out and see which one i like. It dose serprisinly hold the round shape verry well.do u think one would be better then the other.or sence there about the same filtering size and both k&n there about the same. Just wondering if ones $10 cheaper just to get that one ?
If it seals completely to your billet adaptor I would just continue using it.Just make sure no dust can get by the flange.

You still have plenty of surface area on the filter, so it should perform the same as the correct one. If you do keep it, I would purchase an Outerwear which helps keep the filter cleaner and you do not have to re-charge it as often.

Outerwear for Banshee filter.

K&N#YA-3502PK

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 PM

It go's on all the way to the adaptor and when i look at the filter it has a clear ring all the way around the inside from being clamped down. U can see whare the adaptor ends inside the filter with it off. And i have a k&n pre filter just took it off for the picks. But deff if u buy a good filter u shuld have a pre filter on it. Thanks.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:46 PM

And the pre filter is deff for a 700 filter its not as coned it but still fits good and its nice and tight at the elastic part to about 3" down. Lol i guess at some point it had the right one in it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode