Raptor Forum banner

Next ideal mod after Big 3?

8K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  morphrider 
#1 ·
Big 3:

DMC Force 4 Duals
ProDesign K&N Intake
PC5

What is the next ideal mod to do? (for power/speed)

Unsure I want to bore but I am up for suggestions........bigger TB with matched intake tube? Let me know, thanks.

#3 ·
A guy on Raptor HQ will bore your TB up to +3.5mm oversize for $50 + shipping. Compression increase is always good, CP piston, 11:1 or 11.5:1 are usually pump gas safe, under $300 with gaskets. Hot Cam #3 on ebay, $140, but needs compression increase, or #2 without compression. Head porting will give lots of power, talk to a porter with your goals, Cuervo, Kenz, HPS, etc.
Power, 13 tooth front sprocket, speed, 15 tooth sprocket.

Did you do the clutch perch switch mod?

#5 ·
Thanks for all the info guys. I have been a member here a long time but am just getting into mod scene with this Raptor. My previous Raptor, I did not.

Dez: Great info to look into and that I will. I HAVE NOT done the clutch perch switch mod. Don't recall reading about it but I will search for it after dinner.

I am rocking the 15T front sprocket currently for speed.

Thank you.

#7 ·
I found the info you posted Dez. Will unplug and tie back the cables tomorrow or Thursday and go for a ride.

The only difference is made in 5th gear, correct?

#8 ·
I did a Hotcam 3. Made a noticeable difference at high rpm. It was easy n cheap

#11 ·
Last year I did 11:1 and hc3, do the throttle body at the same time, port and polish if money allows I did everything but the port n polish, and it made a huge difference.

#12 ·
I'd personally go for some suspension and go wider. You can ride harder, faster, and longer. Come into turns hot and rip across the whoops. If I was starting over again I'd do that first.

#13 ·
Suspension is a excellent idea, look up a member named JOGACA he can build you shocks to your size and riding style and he's more than reasonable price wise. I stopped after big three and did shocks, then got into the top end. #frigginloveit

#14 ·
Wider is not what I am looking into. The trails I ride have tight spots. I would like to be on the safe side of how wide my 700 is.

Shocks are one of the last things I want to do. I like my suspension really. Whoops get soaked up pretty good.

I am familiar with Jogaca if I decide to do so.

Looking for power. Nothing else at the moment.

Looking like the next big 3 will be piston, cam, tb. (with a port job)

After reading a lot, I am not looking to bore, etc. I want a good reliable pump gas ride.

Thanks

Reactions: morphrider
#15 ·
Then sounds like s SB/SS build is the way you want to go. I know John at Racers Edge is putting down over 90hp on those builds so it's achievable to make big power without a stroker or big bore. I would give him a call and pick his brain a little bit. Might be able to point you in the right direction.

#16 ·
You will have a good build with that combination. Head porting is where a lot of power is, but, not done by the local guy. A +3TB is good for 50-77HP. If you can, the HDD5050 is a better cam than the Stage 3, better bottom end, mid, and over rev, but as said, needs springs and rocker clearance. Piston compression is based on your elevation for 93 pump gas. Most can get buy with 11.5:1, but, sea level needs less. You'll also find most builders prefer a CP piston, but there are cheaper brands available.

As the Outlaw says, check with other builders for your build options. Check TQS for parts and prices.

#17 ·
You will have a good build with that combination. Head porting is where a lot of power is, but, NOT done by the local guy. A +3TB is good for 50-77HP. If you can, the HDD5050 is a better cam than the Stage 3, better bottom end, mid, and over rev, but as said, needs springs and rocker clearance. Piston compression is based on your elevation for 93 pump gas. Most can get buy with 11.5:1, but, sea level needs less. You'll also find most builders prefer a CP piston, but there are cheaper brands available.

As the Outlaw says, check with other builders for your build options. Check TQS for parts and prices.

This would yield a good solid 60+ HP with torque around 50's. Not to aggressive for trails, but a big smile on your face in the straight sections. You'll like it, reliable and pump 93 safe.

Reactions: RadRap700
#18 ·
Selling a few things over the next couple weeks for funding. Once I am ready, it's on!

#19 ·
What are you selling?

#20 ·
Nothing quad related.

Paintball, biking, speakers, and other stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.