Overheating??? - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 07:25 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosted700 View Post
Really with only 8 hrs of ride time.. Why would they sell a shit gasket with the kit?
I rebleed the system and added some engine ice. Going to pull the plug Tom and retorque the head
Cometic isn't a bad company, the multi layered steel gaskets are just prone to not sealing correctly on our raptors. Have heard from several people and builders saying not to use them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 09:13 PM

Im thinking the bike is just running lean. My new build spits a little fluid, im running a tad lean. My brother just blew his turbo build, because he was way too lean.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 09:51 PM
If you don't wreck, you don't ride

Want to take bets? Lean conditions will create more heat which in turn can cause a headgasket failure. But I'm still saying it was due to the headgasket the whole time.

Overheating still shouldn't cause bubbles in the overflow. More than likely they are exhaust gases.....Headgasket

First off let the bike warm up at idle, then pull the radiator cap and see if there are bubbles. Like decent sized ones. You should see turbulence or small bubbles because of vibration. Or easier yet and I learned this from Dez, take the bike to a mechanic and have them test your coolant for exhaust gases.

Last edited by Cammy; 05-23-2016 at 09:55 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Want to take bets? Lean conditions will create more heat which in turn can cause a headgasket failure. But I'm still saying it was due to the headgasket the whole time.

Overheating still shouldn't cause bubbles in the overflow. More than likely they are exhaust gases.....Headgasket

First off let the bike warm up at idle, then pull the radiator cap and see if there are bubbles. Like decent sized ones. You should see turbulence or small bubbles because of vibration. Or easier yet and I learned this from Dez, take the bike to a mechanic and have them test your coolant for exhaust gases.
No bubbles at all. It gets hot right from warm up. I'm going to change the thermostat and order a Oem headgasket. Wish I knew about the cosmetic gasket while i was building it. Have 2 weeks to get it going good. Thanks for all the help I will keep you guys posted and what it was.
Cammy likes this.

07 700se
Dmc duals, Pro design intake
Hot cam stg 2, Big bore 778 stroker kit
Cp piston, msd blaster
Full skid plates
Asv levers
Alba nerfbars
Trail tech vapor
Pro taper bars
450 front shocks
Flipped rear link

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode