Raptor Forum banner

2016 AIS delete

28K views 34 replies 12 participants last post by  418Stroker 
#1 ·
So I have a 2016 raptor 700 and I've been hearing ais delete and even saw that cuervo racing makes a plate to delete it but I have no idea what that is or were it's located in the bike. I'm doing the big 3 here soon and would like to know if it's something I should delete or even worry about thanks.

#3 ·
It is a valve that lets filtered air into the head to decrease emission readings. It can cause a popping on decel which usually points to a lean condition. It has also been attributed to a low rpm "stumble". To remove it completely, the valve is removed and the plate installed, disconnect the electrical connection to the solenoid and tie the wire out of the way, remove all the associated vaccum lines and the solenoid. If you are going with the fci for your intake, the 15+ version will have a hole that you need to cap, the 06-14 would work as well.

#14 ·
What are the pros and cons of this?

What I can think of ...
Prons:
- no popping on decelatrion
- more power

cons:
- global warming

#15 ·
I wouldn't worry about environmental crap with a raptor. The raptor engine is a fraction of the size of even a small car engine, and the AIS doesn't do much to clean up anyway. It's not like a DPF on a diesel that catches everything, it's just something small they put on to make it pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 · (Edited)
Yeah I don't care either. I've been to a tractor pull and when you se those black clouds .... meh if they are having fun why can't I? Let idiots drive prius. I'd like to block it but I don't really know which one it is. If someone can poit it out I'd be grateful. You can use this link to all the parts Raptor 700 2016 part list

If anyone is interested that is and Kharkiv model V-2 (Displacement 38.8 L) from T-34 soviet tank. In its natural aspirated state it produces 500HP. If I recall correctly it has 1200HP with those two turbos bolted on. Its just crazy.

#18 ·
I've played some spot the difference game and I've found few things that are different to 2010 engine on the intake and on the head. I just don't know which one is it :/

#22 ·
It will not change how the engine runs but it will get rid of the popping on deceleration .

Here is a link to the kit which includes the block off plate and a plug for the intake tube.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-700-Raptor-700R-cuervo-POP-STOP-AIS-BLOCK-OFF-TEST-PLATE-2015-2016-2017/273024042398?hash=item3f9180459e:g:0V0AAOSwsTxXkG6G

You remove everything from the intake tube up to the head including the solenoid valve and simply install the plate and plug the fitting on the top of the intake tube.
The installation instructions are at he bottom of the page.

#25 ·
Old thread I know, I originally came here looking to see if people remove the AIS hose that runs to the intake tube and what exactly do you use to plug that hole in the tube?

Also, it seems like you guys are fairly confident that the AIS blockoff plate should reduce popping on deceleration but it seems like it's worse now that I've installed the plate. I have a monster exhaust with the FCI. Should that still be happening?

#28 ·
I took all of the hoses off to include the AIS solenoid and zip tied the wires out of the way. Use the plug for the intake fitting. I have some decel popping due to the slip joint for the pipe. The decel poping will not hurt your motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.