99% Trail build; opinions/info on parts/vendors - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
That FCI will really only be noticeable on the top end, which you are not after. Go with the Pro Design model in your case.

I run the GBC X-REX on both of our Raptors, won't go any other route for their affordable price.

If you get the Trail Tech Vapor it has an inline digital temp guage, so you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone there.

I would suggest a Precision or Fastway Steering stabilizer for trails. Look in the For Sale section in here, hippy has one for sale. They make a world of difference on the trails.
Morphrider, since you suggested the FCI would only really be noticeable on the top end, and to consider the Pro Design since he is more interested in lower end torque, I wondered whether there would be any reason for me to switch to the Pro Design from my GYTR intake with a k&n style filter? I'm assuming this is a stock setup for the 2007 Raptor GYTR i picked up recently, and I would be trail riding mostly as well but also want more torque due to ordering bigger tires for clearance. I'm trying to look at my options for the Big 3 and wondering whether I would notice as big of a difference from standard intake, exhaust, as the GYTR parts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 05:30 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
If you're interested, I have a Pro Design as well as FCI (no box) air filter assemblies for sale. I can send pics to your phone or email. Both are complete air cleaner, hose to TB and clamps. Might even have Outer Wears. The FCI will still work on the bottom end.
morphrider likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
If you're interested, I have a Pro Design as well as FCI (no box) air filter assemblies for sale. I can send pics to your phone or email. Both are complete air cleaner, hose to TB and clamps. Might even have Outer Wears. The FCI will still work on the bottom end.
I'll PM you. thanks
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativefx View Post
I'll PM you. thanks
PM sent.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
*inserts shovel

update on the ol' Raptor. I've completed the Big 3 (Monster full, Pro-Design no-lid, PC5) and a +3 TB from Cuervo Racing. Just got back from the dyno and made 58.4hp and 69tq. nice near peak hp plateau from around 5400 to 6800 but it's 50+hp from 4100 to 8400 so I'm good with that. Looks like I should be shifting around 7600-7700. I was honestly expecting 2-3hp more, but it's a pretty conservative all-weather tune (I'm told, haven't ridden/looked at tables) and the gas wasn't the freshest. I was going to siphon and put in some fresh 93 before the dyno but it got real cold and I didn't want to go outside.

I've slowly been adding bits here and there, and I still have a few things I'd like to add.

Hand guards (so.many.to.chose.from)
Front bumper (the GYTR for the SE looks cool...but isn't going to help much when I eventually plow into a tree)
Rear grab bar (the GYTR rear grab was not very durable)
off-road lights for night/woods rides.
Still looking into display/speedo options. Trail Tech is the obvious choice but something like the koso rx2n would be super sweet...but these are pretty low priority.
Tempted to go 22's in the rear for trail boggin...

Other than that, it's pretty well buttoned up. Any suggestions for what's left on my list are welcome. happy holidays!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 01:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinlied View Post
*inserts shovel

update on the ol' Raptor. I've completed the Big 3 (Monster full, Pro-Design no-lid, PC5) and a +3 TB from Cuervo Racing. Just got back from the dyno and made 58.4hp and 69tq. nice near peak hp plateau from around 5400 to 6800 but it's 50+hp from 4100 to 8400 so I'm good with that. Looks like I should be shifting around 7600-7700. I was honestly expecting 2-3hp more, but it's a pretty conservative all-weather tune (I'm told, haven't ridden/looked at tables) and the gas wasn't the freshest. I was going to siphon and put in some fresh 93 before the dyno but it got real cold and I didn't want to go outside.

I've slowly been adding bits here and there, and I still have a few things I'd like to add.

Hand guards (so.many.to.chose.from)
Front bumper (the GYTR for the SE looks cool...but isn't going to help much when I eventually plow into a tree)
Rear grab bar (the GYTR rear grab was not very durable)
off-road lights for night/woods rides.
Still looking into display/speedo options. Trail Tech is the obvious choice but something like the koso rx2n would be super sweet...but these are pretty low priority.
Tempted to go 22's in the rear for trail boggin...

Other than that, it's pretty well buttoned up. Any suggestions for what's left on my list are welcome. happy holidays!
Yeah, the HP could be more, but maybe with better gas, but the torque is awesome. Torque is what does the work.
If you go bigger tires you might need 1 tooth smaller in front or 2-3 teeth bigger in the rear.
Also bigger rear tires might need 22 or 23in tires in the front.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 03:21 PM

Garage
How the heck did it have that much torque from just a big 3? Mine modded is 49 and the wife's Big 3 is around the same as well.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
How the heck did it have that much torque from just a big 3? Mine modded is 49 and the wife's Big 3 is around the same as well.
I was wondering the same thing

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 04:37 PM

I assumed it was a typo, 69 is not possible with his engine size and mods.
morphrider likes this.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-27-2019, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Totally possible that it's just something f'd up. I'm not familiar with atv dynos so I just assumed a lot when seeing this...but it was suspect. either way, it seemed kinda reasonable given stock hp is around 47 (per the internet). I have no idea what stock tq is.

My computer is taking a real long time getting the pic i took of the dyno graph to attach, but I will say my graph starts at 3500. I'll upload the pic when it gets thru. or I'll just do this from the phone.

Side note: Man i hope this doesn't turn into me getting f'd over with some rando on a dyno; I mean now, in retrospect, nearly 80tq seems silly

Last edited by drwinlied; 11-27-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode