I have an 18 700r se and I have a few known things I want to do, which requires supporting mods, which means I have more than just those few "wants" I need to get. Such is life when shuffling weakpoints ha.
My goals for the machine are very simple, as this will be a nearly 100% trail machine: more power (low-end), more snap (throttle response), plateau/power under the curve (not chasing peak dyno numbers at top of the band). I am more than willing to sacrifice top-end power to move/keep that curve down low.
I know it seems pretty copy/paste at this point as to which brands/items to get for the Big 3, but I've actually had some interesting responses from vendors too (any time a vendor suggests a cheaper option than what I say I'm interested in, I consider it "interesting").
My parts list, so far:
- Nerf bars - OWN (GYTR Part#1AS-F11E0-T0-00 - Note: I would not buy these again. The fitment at the front where the 2 sides connect via clamp is utterly horrendous)
- Case Saver - OWN (UPP Part#1031)
- Lower Chain Roller - OWN (UPP Part#1056)
- Poly skid; belly pan - OWN (DRW - thanks
- Poly skid; swing arm
- Exhaust; Monster full (a slip-on was recommended, curiously)
- Intake; Pro-design/K&N (Monster was recommended)
-- Will need to run at least 3 sides of a box, but would like option of drycharger filter for lid if that's a thing (it is on my 400) if I'm not swamping it
- Ignition; PC5 w/ timing (not looking for big numbers, but pulling/adding timing is, IMO, needed for moving that curve)
- Throttle Body; not sure if port/polish or + size on this one. I do know the TB is such a huge difference maker in cars it's on my "must do" list for pretty much everything when modding.
- AIS blockoff - OWN (CR)
- CR8EK spark plug - OWN (CR)
- In-line temp gauge - OWN (CR)
- HB riser/anti-vibe/new bars - OWN (Alba Racing+1/Alba Racing antivibe/ProTaper SE ATV Midbend (Mfg#2109D))
- Steering Stabilizer
- Digital Display; probably Trail Tech Vapor model whatever...
---actually would like to go with KOSO RX2N (or rs2n; some discrepancies in model info)
- New rear tires; something taller/beefier than the stockers...still looking
After a month of research...that's as far as I made it lol
Any thoughts on the above?
Also, seeing as how most of the vendors died out in the great meteorite impact of 2008, are there any suggested vendors for the above anymore? I reached out to Cuervo Racing but idk if he/they just do builds or if they sell hardparts above rebuilt pieces (like the TB). I see TQS has great prices, but a seemingly horrendous reputation. If you don't want to put someone on blast, PM me if you can.
Any expertise you could share would be greatly appreciated!
EDIT: Going to keep this list updated with suggestions from you