5Likes
  • 1 Post By Capcapdk
  • 1 Post By Wko78ms
  • 1 Post By Yamil Xiscatti
  • 1 Post By 4stroker4life
  • 1 Post By 418Stroker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Raptor 700R Big bore kit for highway use!!

Hello guys!

I have a 2010 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE.
The quad is my commuting bike. It is road legal and equiped with lots of modifications to make it run great onroad...

Sprocket wise i run a 16/31 setup. A very tall gearing! Makes it run 60+ mph at very low rpms. Top speed is 90 mph.
Performance mods: K&N air filter (no lid), DMC twin exhausts and DMC EFI Control Module.

The quad is pretty quick. But have lost the insane oomph after i installed the 16/31 sprockets... And i want my power back!

I am looking into a big bore kit and a performance cam... But i am not a mechanic or an expert. So i ask you:

What kits should i buy for my quad to make it a (reliable) street monster?!
I run pump gas (octane 100)

What about these kits? What are your thoughts?
https://bpracingatv.com/index.php?ro...product_id=235

Please note: NO engine swap, turbo kits or NOS or something like that... I need stock appearance.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quadnyyyyyyy.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	269.8 KB
ID:	132753   Click image for larger version

Name:	yamaha-yfm-700r-se.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	132755  
Scotscockney likes this.

Last edited by Capcapdk; 05-11-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:51 PM

I'm no expert, but I know if you buy from eBay it's usually a mistake. Any big bore is going to leave most reliability on the table. And don't use a hotrod rod for anything, they are basically a Chinese nock off. People get hot rods if they are putting it together dirt cheap just to sell it.
Scotscockney likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wko78ms View Post
I'm no expert, but I know if you buy from eBay it's usually a mistake. Any big bore is going to leave most reliability on the table. And don't use a hotrod rod for anything, they are basically a Chinese nock off. People get hot rods if they are putting it together dirt cheap just to sell it.
So there is no way to get more reliable power gains? Other than the minor mods i already did?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capcapdk View Post
So there is no way to get more reliable power gains? Other than the minor mods i already did?
Hello, Im not an expert, but maybe this video from Daniel from Mr. Cuervo Racing will help you. Nice bike by the way!
Scotscockney likes this.

Last edited by Yamil Xiscatti; 05-12-2019 at 12:30 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:03 AM

Lots of fun stuff to do before id go big bore. Id suggest getting a higher compression piston instead. Compliment that with a big cam and bored throttle body. Need more? Professionally ported head with big valves. You will need to upgrade the clutch...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Scotscockney likes this.

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 08:41 AM

Raptor 700R Big bore kit for highway

Big Bores work great when done the right way, research the subject. Cuervo has some BB kits with the correct parts contact him. He may have a You Tube video on the subject. Do it right the first time, if you go the cheap route you can have problems. The cheap BB eBay kits will work, but you have to check all parts and they may need some machine shop work before use. Cuervo’s kits will be top quality and ready to bolt on. I have not put a BB on my Raptor yet, but have put four on my past quads and bikes along with longer stroke crank shaft. with no issues. You got to know what to check when assembling the motor. My current XC bike has a BB kit that required me to grind the cases and it has a longer stroke crankshaft. I have 195.3 hours on the crank and BB jug, but I have put in new pistons at every 90 hr mark, it turns a lot more RPM than a Raptor does.
Scotscockney likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode