Raptor Forum banner

power upgrades

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  DEZPERADO 
#1 ·
Hi, im rebuilding my engine on my 2011 raptor 700 and im trying to get more power out of it. It already has full yoshi exhaust, FCI and PCV. Im planning to install a cp piston 11:1 and hot cams stage 3. What else modifications will give me more power? Porting the head is not an easy option because where i live there is no shop that can do it so i need to import a complete head from the states. I was thinking about +3 throttle body or dynatek ignition. Do they make a significant difference?

#2 ·
That TB is worth a few ponies, too bad on the head situation. Maybe contact Daniel at CuervoRacing?

#3 ·
I know porting the head gives a lot of power but i will have to buy a used one over there and have it ported by a professional and then its the shipping plus the taxes in my country so its out of budget. So i am looking for some bolt on upgrades other than piston and cam. What do you think about the dynatek ignition module?

#4 ·
I've had the Dynatek ignition and was not impressed, but didn't play with the settings much. And it's best to have a dyno for that. Your piston, cam and TB will give you a good power boost. As for porting, make sure the intake boot is the same size thru the TB and blends thru the motor intake. For exhaust, make sure the metal gasket at the motor is the same size or bigger then the exhaust pipes. Use that gasket and mark the head, then match the openings with a rotary tool. Most important, be sure the head and cylinder are perfectly flat and machine as needed. And, always use a factory head gasket and a new cam chain.

#5 ·
i already ordered the hot cams 3, cp piston 11:1 and it comes with cometic gasket. Exhaust is the yoshimura rs2 with titanium headers. Does the throttle body help in top end only or in the lower and middle rpm aswell? I will have it on dyno for a custom map after the rebuild.

#7 ·
I would replace that exhaust. I did not like how it was, it seemed flat on power. I put a trinity on the same bike and it was a noticable difference on throttle response. This was before changing to duel exhaust. So IMO if you are looking for a little more power I would consider a different exhaust. Nothing wrong with yoshi pipes as I have had several just made my Raptor feel sluggish on throttle response.

#8 ·
If you wanted to do something with your head, I have 2 complete top ends on a shelf (pre 2011) one is already hand ported by a friend of mine. I do not have any dyno numbers on the ported head but, it ran really well on a setup similar to yours.... I'm sure we could work something out if interested.

#12 · (Edited)
I've seen to many fail. I'd rather spend a few $$ now then have to do it again.

Reactions: Scotscockney
#11 ·
I have used a few cometic's...never again. for stock bore go with OEM, big bore SCE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.