Raptor Forum banner

58mm TB with FCI

942 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  t web2007 
#1 ·
Would I see any significant gains from this mod? I already have a +3 TB with FCI.

#2 ·
Depends on the rest of your build and where and how you ride. The +3 TB is good for up to 75-80 HP. You'll need compression, stroker, porting, big valves and HDD5050 big cam to get to 70 HP. To use a 58mm TB with that build may decrease low end torque and throttle response because of reduced velocity. It will also move your powerband into the higher RPM range. To make use of the 58TB you should have at least 14:1 compression, big bore or stroker, HDD5150 cam or similar and of course porting and valves. The 5150 is a race cam and a build with a 58mm would be considered a race build and require race fuel because of compression.

Reactions: BlackSupra
#3 ·
Also a FCI that fits a factory TB, including a +3 will not fit the 58mm TB.

#5 ·
Yes, you could try the bigger 58 TB but I don't think you'll like it. As said, it would be best with 14:1 compression, +2 valves, maybe big bore or stroker, and race fuel. And your existing FCI won't fit.

Reactions: palvarez05
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.