MSD vs PCV - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2019, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

MSD vs PCV

Hey guys,i have 11' raptor 700 with stage 1 cam od hotcams and DMC duel exhausts.i want to buy an controller and i dont know what is the best for me,the msd or pcv?and which one of them is more easy to tune?i usally ride in the dunes.thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Lots of people like the MSD, but there isn't the map support like there is for the PC5. There are lots of compatible maps on the DynoJet site. Either can be tuned on a dyno and the PC5 can be self tuned with a D.J. Auto Tune.

AND, when you buy a newer bike, the PC5 will fit all up to 2020, where the MSD won't fit from (I think) '14 and newer.

There may be a guy on the forum to share a map, PC5 with DMC exhaust. Do you need a air cleaner? I have a used FCI system in great shape for sale. PM if interested.

Also, FYI, the Stage 1 cam isn't the correct choice for dune riding. You should at least have a Stage 2 with factory piston, or a Stage 3 if the piston is 10.5:1 or more.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:39 PM

I'm already order the msd.im not from usa and we dont have good tuners or dyno to check it correctly,and i have friend with the same set that he he got good map.i know the stage 1 cam didnt go well with ride dune,only after i install it i figure it out.i sent you PM on the fci kit.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:53 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
I answered your PM but you haven't replied back.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in