Raptor 700 Intakes and your Options. - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM
ANT

Monster or TRF which one do you recommend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechQuadShop View Post
I have been reading a lot of intake questions for the Raptor 700 on this forum lately so I figured I would put some time into analyzing and discussing most of the options out there all in one thread. Hopefully this is something that can get pinned to the top.

Lets start off with the billet adapter intakes that utilize the OEM box. All of these intakes will run the KN filter the pro design and GYTR are the only ones that will run a foam filter (unless you special ordered your own.

From left to right we have the Pro Design, Trinity, and Monster Flow

The pro design and GYTR are essentially the same unit when comparing adapter and filter size . They both come with a 3" Billet adapter ring, your choice of foam filter and wrap (pro design only) or KN Filter and outerwear.

The Trinity and Monster kits use a 3 1/2" billet adapter ring and a larger KN style filter. These kits also come with the outerwear.

Prices on billet adapter kits tend to run as follows

Pro Design with foam filter: $89.00

Pro Design with KN filter outerwear : $95.00

GYTR with foam filter: $90

GYTR with KN filter and outerwear: $125

With that being said it really does not make sense to purchase the GYTR brand when you can get more from the Pro Design brand for less money. If your looking for a foam filter there is no doubt that the Pro Design kits ARE YOUR BEST OPTION.

Now lets compare the Trinity and Monster intakes. As I said before both use a 3 1/2" billet adapter ring. That is about the only thing in common they now have. Trinity has started to use a cheap Knock-off brand of filter rather than the KN brand. Monster is still using the YA-3502 KN filter. Since they are both priced the same I HIGHLY recommend for you to purchase the Monster brand.

Prices on these 2 options are

Trinity paper filter kit with Outerwear: $140

Monster Flow KN Kit with outerwear: $140

Now we will move on to Drag style intakes and intakes that eliminate the box.

First for this section would be the LTE Airbox Eliminator Intake

Now I have no experience with this intake and no testing. All I can say is what I see in the pictures and it seems to have a very large filter, an aluminum intake tube, and outerwear. The only thing that worries me about this intake is the aluminum intake tube which in my mind would be prone to cracking. However if your a straight drag bike this may not be a concern.

Price:

LTE Drag style intake: $399.00

Next up is the FCI Intake. FCI has created an intake that gives you the option to run an aftermarket box or no box at all. The filter is very large and will not fit in your box. This is another kit that comes with an aftermarket intake tube, 8 ply paper filter, outerwear, and box if you choose. The FCI intake tube is made of a composite material that is very strong and guaranteed not to crack.

Price:

FCI Intake with no box: $234

FCI Intake with box: $289

Lastly would be Team Rocket Factories own personal intake that eliminates the airbox.

I dont have any pictures of this kit but I have been told it comes with a very big billet adapter and a huge filter for a very low price. Maybe someone can tune in with more info or pictures. I could not find any on their site.

Other intakes you may want to consider are the velocity which is found on ebay, CFM, and V2Products.

Now you may be asking what is the best option for you? I can tell you that we sell Monster and Trinity intakes with 75% of our big 3 kits. If you want a KN style filter and want to keep your stock airbox then these are what we highly recommend.

If you want a Foam Filter go with the Pro Design.

If you want a complete intake system that will give you the absolute most power with any future mods you may do my biased opinion is go with the FCI. FCI builds a quality intake that you cannot go wrong with.

If you want to keep your stock intake boot but want the biggest filter you can put and dont mind not having an airbox go with the TRF Intake. The price on this kit is very hard to beat and TRF has always been known to put out some quality parts.

Hopefully this helps a few of you out. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Im getting ready to put on a +3 TB. Which intake do you recommend. I currently have a Team Rocket Factory intake with K&N filter. Im I going to see any gains if I go to a MONSTER?

777 White Rappy
Barkers Big Bores
PCIII
12:5:1 (CP)
105.5 Bore
HDD 5150 Cam
+2 Valves
54mm TB
+5mm HR
Cuervo Racing Head
Dynatek
Spark Plug Mod
Non-Oring Chain
JJ&A Play Axle
VP U4.4 Oxy Fuel

DYNO RESULTS:
HP = 87
TQ = 61

I want to thank Daniel (DL700) For his support and excellent service in helping me with my build.

DYNO Tuned by Ray at Performance ATV of Miami (305-235-3880)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Probably not. I would go with an FCI
post #23 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 08:24 PM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Location: Live in Cincinnati Ohio but often found in north central Florida a lot during winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechQuadShop View Post
Probably not. I would go with an FCI
+1

07-700(686) based 778cc Cuervo Racing, +2 extreme port Cuervo head port and a Cuervo/HDD5050 cam, 14:1CP piston,105.5 bore, +5 stroke, WK54mm TB, Denso injector, dynatek programable ignition, old pc5, DMC Force 4 pipes. Tuned by Eric at EHS Racing, 87 HP 64 FT.LBS TQ. To me it's the ultimate trail quad if you love the edge of control and dodging trees at 75-80mph!!!
post #24 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 09:34 PM
ANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDER/PALEFACE513 View Post
+1

So FCI or my Team Rocket Factory intake? With my +3TB that im just about to put on, which will be best?

Team Rocket Factory intake OR FCI?

777 White Rappy
Barkers Big Bores
PCIII
12:5:1 (CP)
105.5 Bore
HDD 5150 Cam
+2 Valves
54mm TB
+5mm HR
Cuervo Racing Head
Dynatek
Spark Plug Mod
Non-Oring Chain
JJ&A Play Axle
VP U4.4 Oxy Fuel

DYNO RESULTS:
HP = 87
TQ = 61

I want to thank Daniel (DL700) For his support and excellent service in helping me with my build.

DYNO Tuned by Ray at Performance ATV of Miami (305-235-3880)
post #25 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANT View Post
So FCI or my Team Rocket Factory intake? With my +3TB that im just about to put on, which will be best?

Team Rocket Factory intake OR FCI?
If you have this intake

I think you should stick with it. I seriously doubt there are any serious gains to be had in switching to the FCI, if any. The only benefit I see is FCI's 8 ply filter, which won't help with power.

'08 w/

Barkers
FCI
PCIII
CP 11:1 102 bore piston
Hotcams Stage 3
+3mm HDD throttle body bore
Dynatek programmable ignition w/ HDD curve
Spark plug wire mod
Motion Pro twist throttle
15t front sprocket
Fasst Bars
Roxx antivibe risers & block risers
Precision steering stabilizer
Stock HID's and Kragen 4" HID's
PRM skids

63.72 hp & 48.73 tq

post #26 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 10:29 PM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Location: Live in Cincinnati Ohio but often found in north central Florida a lot during winter.
Idk nothing about the TRF intake. It maybe the one that flows more. I read there's one out now that does, but I'm not sure who makes it though.

07-700(686) based 778cc Cuervo Racing, +2 extreme port Cuervo head port and a Cuervo/HDD5050 cam, 14:1CP piston,105.5 bore, +5 stroke, WK54mm TB, Denso injector, dynatek programable ignition, old pc5, DMC Force 4 pipes. Tuned by Eric at EHS Racing, 87 HP 64 FT.LBS TQ. To me it's the ultimate trail quad if you love the edge of control and dodging trees at 75-80mph!!!
post #27 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 10:33 PM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Looks about the same to me now that I look at them ones billit though maybe not sure side by side would be the best way to see if they look a like. I know the FCI will flow enough cfm for 1,000HP V-8.

post #28 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIDER/PALEFACE513 View Post
Looks about the same to me now that I look at them ones billit though maybe not sure side by side would be the best way to see if they look a like. I know the FCI will flow enough cfm for 1,000HP V-8.
Are you sure about that...? Maybe the engine will run, but will it have enough air to run correctly?

'08 w/

Barkers
FCI
PCIII
CP 11:1 102 bore piston
Hotcams Stage 3
+3mm HDD throttle body bore
Dynatek programmable ignition w/ HDD curve
Spark plug wire mod
Motion Pro twist throttle
15t front sprocket
Fasst Bars
Roxx antivibe risers & block risers
Precision steering stabilizer
Stock HID's and Kragen 4" HID's
PRM skids

63.72 hp & 48.73 tq

post #29 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 AM

lmao he was being sarcastic

-2009 Yamaha Raptor 700R-

Barker Duals
HotCams III
FCI Intake
PCIII
Maxxis Razrs on all 4
Plug wire mod
2nd gen Evac Valve
FX10 Monster graphics
post #30 of 134 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 07:19 AM
From The Stix 2 Da Brix

Nah my rappy 350 has a FCI and chevy 350 in it I skim the great lakes once. I'm just poking some fun in here. My bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode