The Great Raptor 700 Dual Exhaust Thread! - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TechQuadShop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

The Great Raptor 700 Dual Exhaust Thread!

Hi Guys,

First I ask that nobody reply to this topic. As soon as I am done with it, it will be closed and stickied to the top. I am doing this to help reduce the amount of "Which duals?" threads that seem to pop up every few days. If anyone has any questions or comments on this thread please PM me.

I believe this thread is long overdue. My hopes are that it will replace the numerous repetitive threads this section often gets pertaining to dual exhausts. I will do my best to keep it as unbiased as possible listing all the negatives and positives of each system as well as typical pricing. I believe I can do this successfully because TQS ATV sells every system on the market. So you wont see me favoring one system over the other. Please remember that whats best for one guy might not and probably isnt the best for the next.
The one aspect I will leave out is dyno numbers. Dyno threads like this only cause drama. TQS isnt about drama. We only want to make you more knowledgeable on your purchase. Also it is common knowledge that Barker, Monster, LTE, DMC force 4, Dasa all have very close dyno graphs. These are what are known as the big producers for top end power.
So lets begin the Great Dual Exhaust Thread in alphabetical order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Barker Exhaust
The Barker exhaust system is a true dual system. By this I mean that you have one pipe running all the way down the left and one down the right. There is no splitter reducing and slowing airflow. Typically this style of systems will have more top end Hp than a system that splits down the middle near the rear shock. (notice I said top end).

Features:
• Barkers come with dual heatshields for heat protection against your legs. Standard color options available are billet canisters, or black canisters. They also offer black ceramic coating for the tubing. Ceramic coating offers protection against wear, lower heat, and a nice stealth look.
• Rated about 98db
• Customer has the option of choosing Black, Red, Yellow, or Blue Barker logos for their canisters
• Spark arrestors and Quiet cores are available at additional cost.
• Special orders can be made for custom canister colors.
• Two styles of clamps are available. Standard clamps feature a strap aluminum with a protective rubber coating on the inside. Upgraded Billet clamps are anodized thick billet. These are available in Black, Red, or Blue.
• A big bore option is available. This will consist of bigger diameter head pipes (canisters are the same). On larger motors these can produce additional hp (2hp)

Summary:
Barker pipes are a great system. Excellent customer service and quality American made parts. If you do go with the Barkers TQS recommends purchasing the billet clamps. The standard clamp style tends to wear over time which results in the canisters not staying in place and / or not being evenly set from the rear view.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 04:01 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Big Gun
Big gun are one of the rarer sets. Not as heavily advertised and not a lot is really known on the forums about them. Big gun is known for quality exhaust systems so no need to worry about R&D.

Features:
• The Big gun duals are a true dual system.
• Quiet cores are available
• Spark arrestors are included
• Heatshield included
• Anodized titanium canisters with only one style and color available.
• Rated 98db with QC inserted

Summary:
A great quality system for a trail rider or anyone else looking for the low end power. You can expect to get some hard hours out of this system.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 04:00 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Dasa:
The Dasa duals are one of the newer systems. Dasa is known for top performing pipes on all the sport ATV’s. The biggest downside to their Raptor system is the price. I have sold a few sets right around $800 a set and when talking to Dasa last week were told the price is about to go up even more because of manufacturing costs.

Features:
• True dual system with black canisters and billet tips
• Seem to be a bit louder than the others. Probably around 102db without quiet cores.
• Spark arrestors and Quiet cores available at additional cost.
• No heatshields included

Summary:
The Dasa pipes were first rumored to make more power than everything else on the market. Once they arrive and by examining them the design is typical of all the other systems on the market. The quality of the pipes is good. Fitment is OK not the best fitting on the market. If you’re a DASA fan then I'm sure you would love to have these!

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:59 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

DMC
DMC has 2 style pipes available for the Raptor. The force 4 and the afterburner. I will first cover the Force 4 because these tend to be the more popular set. The Force 4 is a true dual system and in the top 3 best sellers for the Raptor.

Features:
• Dual heatshields for heat protection
• Hard anodized canisters that will not chip, flake, crack, or peel. Available in Black or Silver anodized
• Spark arrestors included
• Tools for installation included
• Quiet cores available
• 98db rated
• Welded on tabs to mount the canisters evenly on the subframe

Summary:
The force 4 duals are by far the best fitting dual system for the Raptor. I can put a set of these on faster than I can put on some single pipes. No clearance issues at all. The welded on tabs on the canisters is a huge plus. One of the few systems where spark arrestors are included. DMC advertises these as for big bores only but this is 110% false. They work great on both big bores and standard bore bikes being one of the top hp performing duals on the market.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:58 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

DMC Afterburner
The DMC afterburner one of the original dual systems released for the Raptor. They are another system that splits by the rear shock. Offering excellent low end torque.

Features:
• 98db rated with quiet cores available
• Spark arrestors and installation tools included in the box
• Available in silver hard anodized cans. No chipping, flaking, peeling, or cracking.

Summary:
These pipes are desirable to the trail rider or anyone else looking for low end grunt with the dual exhaust look. Power wise is comparable to the better performing single systems. A very solid system with welded on tabs on the canisters. The biggest downfall is the install with all of the pieces and mid pipes. Once you get them on though you should not run into any issues.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:57 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

LTE:
From what I can recall (its been a few years now) LTE was the first true dual system out for the Raptor. They sort of paved the way for manufacturers to run pipes down the left side of the Raptor. LTE is has excellent customer service and an extremely friendly staff.

Features:
• Stainless piping with billet aluminum end caps
• Available in 4 color options Brushed, Black, Polished, and Presidential
• Quiet cores available
• Ceramic coated piping available
• Strong reinforced welded on tabs to securely fasten the canisters to the subframe
• Spark arrestors included

Summary:
Another great option with one of the top power producers. Fitment on these pipes is not the best as some of the other options. They do take a little long to install, however I have not heard a single complaint from a customer once they are installed. The color options are a big plus and the presidential color is.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Monster:
Monster exhaust is another all American made exhaust company with excellent customer service. One of the cool aspects is the multi directional exhaust tips. Monster pipes are a true dual system.

Features:
• Stainless piping and billet aluminum canisters
• Available in billet aluminum or black canisters
• Special order of custom powder coated cans is available
• Spark arrestors and Quiet Cores available for purchase
• Ceramic coated piping available in black for the black on black stealth look
• Dual heat shields included
• Welded on tabs to mount the canisters to the Subframe.

Summary:
The Monster dual exhaust system is part of what is considered the Top 3 most popular duals. The fitment is good with a small (about the size of a quarter) amount of plastic needing to be trimmed near your heel guards. The ceramic coating on the piping has been proven to hold up to many hours of abuse.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:55 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Trinity
The Trinity dual exhaust holds a unique look, the canisters are different than any other on the market. It is a true dual system with power performance expected to be similar to the other top performers.

Features:
• Stainless piping with billet canisters
• Lifetime warranty
• Optional ceramic coating available for the tubing
• Billet clamps that wrap around the canisters to attach the mufflers to the subframe.

Summary:
The trinity dual exhaust is one of the latest to be released for the Raptor 700. With a style similar to the Barkers. One of the downfalls is heat shields are not included nor available. Also the install on this set is one of the more tedious out of the bunch. The canister quality is Good but not excellent. They do offer a unique look that really catch the eye.

Last edited by Mad Dog; 01-13-2011 at 03:54 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

If anymore come up I will add them. I hope everyone appreciates this thread. It took a long time to write out.
juanorozco likes this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode