N.O.S VS Porting and High Comp Piston - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

N.O.S VS Porting and High Comp Piston

Just wondering bang for your buck which is better? Is N.O.S reliable if not abused? Would you run a fogger system or direct? Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 PM

Re: N.O.S VS Porting and High Comp Piston

Nitrous works better on a head that is purpose built for it. Different swirl pattern helps it I believe. My short answer- do both!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Lower compression is actually better for nitrous. Especially if your going to be using a lot. Your going to see better gains from nitrous (if you inject enough) than you would porting and HC Piston, but the biggest difference is your going to have that power all the time with the porting and HC Piston not just when your bottle is full.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 09:59 PM

www.bossnoss.com. I have this system installed with the 20hp jet. Very reliable and works great. Tech is correct though. You would have all that power available all the time. The difference is with a bike that has the 3 mods puts your right at 50hp plus 20hp for the spray and you have a very fast bike. You will not get that performance with headwork and a hi-comp piston, and the cost would be pretty close to the same. Just my $.02. Some of the more experienced guys might chime in here and give you a perspective that I can't.

Craig,
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:03 PM

that webstie takes you to a forum.... where can you buy this nitrous kit ? ? like the one that you have... any webstie, or company on the internet, so i can read about it..

Plattner
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:10 PM

My bad. www.boss-noss.com. I checked it this time.

Craig,
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 PM

We carry both boondockers and NOS kits. Been real happy with the boondockers so far.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techquadshop
We carry both boondockers and NOS kits. Been real happy with the boondockers so far.
Are their any problems with the N.O.S. kits.
I looked on their website and the only kit i can see is the 03001NOS kit
Thanks
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 12:27 AM

I have no experience with the NOS kit on the Raptor 700 but i have heard a lot of good things about it on the yfz450
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 08:55 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by plattner
that webstie takes you to a forum.... where can you buy this nitrous kit ? ? like the one that you have... any webstie, or company on the internet, so i can read about it..

Plattner

Plattner, if you have a PCIII then that boondockers or boss kit won't work for you. They run a Dobeck hybred controller that fattens up the fuel while you inject the N2o.

I would run the NX single cylinder wet system, it comes with it's own fuel pump and does not rely on the EFI system for it's fuel supply. My personall opinion is the wet system with a fogger nozle tapped into your manifold at the cylinder with a N2o regulator from PSI on the bottle is the only way to go. I am not a fan of the dry systems and their components. Plastic lines and plastic thumb screw valves (boondocker dry systems) have no place in a good Nitrous system IMHO. Talljess on this forum has been running a wet system with good results so you might contact him about it. There was a thread on here about it awhile back, and I posted the part numbers and info for the wet system check this https://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=6389.0

That thread is fairly old, I still have the NX wet system but have not yet felt the urge to install it on my machine but others are having good trouble free results with the same system.

Randy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode