Raptor Forum banner

YFZ450 (2017) vs Raptor 700R (2015) gas shocks

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TorchTarga94 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, I just want to ask if you have some experience or knowledge about It its possible to bolt on a YFZ 450 Long travel front shock in a 2015 Raptor 700R?

I have in mind to buy the long travel shock absorbers of a 450 2017 new for 450 dollars to replace those of the raptor 2015 R that I have and I wanted to know if it is a good idea and if it will improve the stability, the handling, etc. Keep in mind that I would not like to modify anything, just bolt on and manteinance free options

As long as I know it should be added +2 A-arms to fit the 450 shocks in the 700.
I want to improve stability for the quad and also I want to test the 700 in a track against some 450 to race but not in a professional way.
Also Im looking to have better stability in some trails with inclined terrain

Will be waiting for your comments

Thank you!

#3 ·
Thx torchtarga94.

Any other comments?

#4 ·
yes like TorchTarga94 said you will have to get new/used long travel a-arms in order to use them.

#5 ·
Thx Ian77. Que question is: Is it really worth changing the gas shock absorbers of the raptor 700 for those of the yfz450 long travel?

Other question is: yfz450 long travel front shocks need any maintenance or not?

I will be waiting for your answer guys thx!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.