Should I use Shock Covers - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By D13
  • 1 Post By TorchTarga94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Should I use Shock Covers

Hello All.

So I have my shocks being redone by Kevin at Jogaca and I'm debating on weather to use shock covers. I have seen articles saying both yes and no and just wanted to get some opinions. I ride in a lot of sand/rocky terrain but don't see much mud, if any. I'm trying to find pros and cons and other experiences. Any opinions are welcome

2017 Raptor 700r SE
Monster Exhust
FCI boxless
Jogaca upgraded shocks
PC5
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNasty View Post
Hello All.

So I have my shocks being redone by Kevin at Jogaca and I'm debating on weather to use shock covers. I have seen articles saying both yes and no and just wanted to get some opinions. I ride in a lot of sand/rocky terrain but don't see much mud, if any. I'm trying to find pros and cons and other experiences. Any opinions are welcome
I use them to keep the mud off and have not had any problems with them. I do take them off periodically and clean the shocks .
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 11:04 AM

Run them on the front, your seal life will be extended and you protect the shafts from nicks due to roost.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 12:12 AM
D13

I want to purchase some for myself. I look at it as an extra layer of protection that doesn't add weight or hinder performance so why not? The problem I have is finding them. Amazon has some but I don't like how limited the variety is.
Alamo likes this.

Ehh….
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D13 View Post
I want to purchase some for myself. I look at it as an extra layer of protection that doesn't add weight or hinder performance so why not? The problem I have is finding them. Amazon has some but I don't like how limited the variety is.
Have you tried ebay? I bought a set there i like, only complaint being that it was a set of 3, and all were the same size so my rear shock cover was too small to fit around the coil

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 09:05 AM

They come in handy for sand riding, so you would be better off. I always ran shock covers but this time around I chose to not run them mostly for looks and I ride mostly on regular trails with some mud.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2018, 10:58 AM

Get the neoprene ones from PEP. They are the best on the market and fit tight to the coils and are soft so they don't ruin the powercoat on the springs. They usually last the longest also. I have a set on my Z and will probably get a set for the Raptor.
Alamo likes this.

06' 700 SE
-Pro Taper/ Odi/ ASV-
-Jogaca-
-GT Thunder-
-Alba-
-Lonestar-
-Streamline-
-Precision-
-IMS/Roll-
-MSD Blaster FI-
-Monster-
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:10 PM

I bought a set of 3 on ebay, around 35$ They came from Poland with snail mail 4 weeks delivery time but were high quality and I am very happy with them.

Just gonna Send it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode