Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Yeah those look pretty rockin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palvarez05 View Post
I just want to chime and speak about Kevin, i also had my shocks redone by him. HE IS AWESOME... I am in love with my new shocks.
I bought an '08 last year and am in need of having the shocks reworked or buying new. Those look great. What made you choose getting your factory shocks reworked compared to buying new?Honestly these look just as good as the ones the OP bought new. Not sure how much I want to spend and I see you have 3 different springs which I bet added price. Does Kevin have options for all price ranges?

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:19 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mase2017 View Post
I bought an '08 last year and am in need of having the shocks reworked or buying new. Those look great. What made you choose getting your factory shocks reworked compared to buying new?Honestly these look just as good as the ones the OP bought new. Not sure how much I want to spend and I see you have 3 different springs which I bet added price. Does Kevin have options for all price ranges?
Kevin will work with you on what works best for you. He is a rider that does this as a side gig, but knows what works. Believe me when I say it's worth calling him. Even if after you talk to him and you want to drop coin elsewhere, his knowledge on shocks will help in your decision. I need to call him again soon, just to catch up with our life activities. He is a solid guy that just loves to help fellow riders.

480-262-3216, tell him Larry from Colorado sent ya.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 07:21 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Quote:
The 3 different Springs you are seeing are the 2 front, 1 rear. Looks like some yzf450 progressive fronts, rebuilt rear. Exactly what I did to mine, only in red.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
PRM Edge Baja bumper w/12" Cree spot/flood bar
PRM Desert grab bar
PRM A-Arm skids, GYTR skid, ProArmor swinger skid
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
The 3 different Springs you are seeing are the 2 front, 1 rear. Looks like some yzf450 progressive fronts, rebuilt rear. Exactly what I did to mine, only in red.
I think he might mean the 3 springs on each front shock, they appear to be triple rate.... and yes, jogaca can rebuild your oem shocks or yfz shocks and convert them to double or triple rate springs for an additional cost. I dont remember how much extra, but i dont think it was much

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
Yeah I meant the 3 different spring sections on each of the front shocks that palvarez05 posted. I'm guessing that each section has a different spring rate and works similar to a progressive spring like what the OP had on his fronts. I should really call Kevin soon since it's winter here and the Raptor has just been sitting on the battery tender. I should do my tax refund and see if I'll get enough back for this upgrade.
morphrider likes this.
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

My fronts are rebuilt YFZ 450 shocks that I bought off of him. I believe the new rear is a rebuilt 700r shock. My raptor is just a 700 so the shocks were non adjustable from factory, unlike the 700r.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palvarez05 View Post
I just want to chime and speak about Kevin, i also had my shocks redone by him. HE IS AWESOME... I am in love with my new shocks.
Anyway you can post some pics of yours down on the ground? I want to see what the ride height looks like with the triple rate springs vs. the standard yfz450r progressive springs. I have the same 18.25" YFZ450R LT shocks.
Beard_lyfe likes this.

06' 700 SE
-Pro Taper/ Odi/ ASV-
-Jogaca-
-GT Thunder-
-Alba-
-Lonestar-
-Streamline-
-Precision-
-IMS/Roll-
-MSD Blaster FI-
-Monster-
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 04:36 PM

It would be nice to see some pics of how it sits on the ground with the stock yfzr shocks aswell.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode