Need help fast (A arms) - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By DEZPERADO
  • 1 Post By Alamo
  • 1 Post By morphrider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Need help fast (A arms)

I started to do this my way....and realized quickly that I don't have time for one of my due diligence excursions. I have roughly 10ish days before I'll have an opportunity to drop a bike in some uncharted, and super gnarly territory....My front left control arms both cratered after a 6ft drop into a non existent landing.

I don't need to widen or lower, just need good replacements fast. Because of the time constraint, and the fact that I'd like to get a shake down ride (or 2) in before I pack up and head even further from civilization for a few days, budget is not an issue.

The one thought I had, is that I walked away from this due to 2 things: my pre-flight ritual, and the fact that the A arms absorbed a lot of force as they hit their limits....if you upgrade your A arms....does this risk transferring energy into the frame or is there literally no way the mounts do not give way before that occurs?

TIA,

Alamo

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

...new question....since I just ordered skid plates (GYTR) and nerf bars (XFR).....do the skid plates fit on +2 A arms?

Though I may shake my fist at them again tomorrow, tonight I will bow my head and offer these vulcanized tires as tribute. I will cut the night with the sound of wide open throttle...and no matter what....If I am destined for Valhalla....I will enter as a man who did not lift. - Speed Demons prayer to the Gods of Chaos.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Just a good news tech update

- Full set of Houser +.5 standard travel A arms on the way -

will update thread with regard to how or if the GYTR front skid plates fit....

....the best news though, is that I'm dropping that bike on sacred ground with or without the skid plates.

...man.....I should get a complete set of spare wheels and tires. If I blow a tire or wheel out there on day 1 of 7, I might spontaneously combust.....

....shit I thought I was finished shopping.....

#1stWORLDproblems

Last edited by Alamo; 03-02-2019 at 05:08 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:29 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Are the a-arms +2 or +.5? Either way the skids probably won't fit the arms. But frame skids will.
Alamo likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Are the a-arms +2 or +.5? Either way the skids probably won't fit the arms. But frame skids will.
.5's

I was hoping maybe I'd skate....but I'm hearing you. .5" in this application may as well be a mile.
DEZPERADO likes this.

Last edited by Alamo; 03-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 10:48 PM
POTW Moderator

Garage
Need to get yourself a spare Raptor......just in case ya know?
DEZPERADO likes this.

[U]2006 raptor 700

DMC Force 4's, FCI W/box, Dynatek Fusion,
CP 11:1 piston, BaMotorsports porting, HC3
RacersEdge +3TB
YFZ 450 fronts & reworked rear by JOGACA
Trailtech 1 1/8 xbar w/vapor dash & Vapor installed
ODI Rogue grips & ASV pro pack levers
Fastway steering stabilizer
68HP 49TQ

PM me if you need service manuals
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphrider View Post
Need to get yourself a spare Raptor......just in case ya know?

Morph, there aint no one here that consistently makes more sense than you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in