Raptor Forum banner

Need help fast (A arms)

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Alamo 
#1 ·
I started to do this my way....and realized quickly that I don't have time for one of my due diligence excursions. I have roughly 10ish days before I'll have an opportunity to drop a bike in some uncharted, and super gnarly territory....My front left control arms both cratered after a 6ft drop into a non existent landing.

I don't need to widen or lower, just need good replacements fast. Because of the time constraint, and the fact that I'd like to get a shake down ride (or 2) in before I pack up and head even further from civilization for a few days, budget is not an issue.

The one thought I had, is that I walked away from this due to 2 things: my pre-flight ritual, and the fact that the A arms absorbed a lot of force as they hit their limits....if you upgrade your A arms....does this risk transferring energy into the frame or is there literally no way the mounts do not give way before that occurs?

TIA,

Alamo

#2 ·
...new question....since I just ordered skid plates (GYTR) and nerf bars (XFR).....do the skid plates fit on +2 A arms?

#3 · (Edited)
Just a good news tech update

- Full set of Houser +.5 standard travel A arms on the way -

will update thread with regard to how or if the GYTR front skid plates fit....

....the best news though, is that I'm dropping that bike on sacred ground with or without the skid plates.

...man.....I should get a complete set of spare wheels and tires. If I blow a tire or wheel out there on day 1 of 7, I might spontaneously combust.....

....shit I thought I was finished shopping.....

#1stWORLDproblems

#4 ·
Are the a-arms +2 or +.5? Either way the skids probably won't fit the arms. But frame skids will.

Reactions: Alamo
#5 · (Edited)
.5's

I was hoping maybe I'd skate....but I'm hearing you. .5" in this application may as well be a mile.

Reactions: DEZPERADO
#7 ·
Morph, there aint no one here that consistently makes more sense than you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.