Elka Stage 5 Shocks 1 25.00%
Tusk Extender rear HUB 0 0%
Tusk Rear Axle 2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Raptor 700 Suspension and shocks Comparison

Hello guys I want to start this thread with a poll to make it easy to decide with is the rigth choice for poeple who are looking to get more stability in the quad.
I want to hear some experienced voices here, in beneffit of everybody. I was wondering me, should I go +2 A-arms or +3 A-arms? why +3 looks to be much less popular than +2?
Standar travel shocks or long travel shocks?
Standard reservoir shocks ar enought or I should go for FOX evol 3 kashima shocks, or Elka stage 5 shocks? Im not in USA, so I cant send my shocks to Joagaca to rebuild them.
Also what about TUSK extender hubs for rear axle? How their perform? Can it be used in MX tracks or not? (not professional races)
Keep in maind Im most a trail rider and I want to start to use my quad in the street (I have slick tires and rims ready to switch when needed) and also I want to start doing some MX track rides.

So, the Poll options are:
A-Amrs:
+2
+3
Shocks:
Keep stock 700R reservoir shocks
Fox Evol 3 Kashima shocks
Elka stage 5 shocks
Rear:
Tusk Extended Rear Wheel Axle Hubs Spacers (+3,5 inches total)
Tusk New Axle

I will be waiting for your imput guys. Thank you very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:35 PM

yo, i have +2 a-arms and 45mm rear wheel hubs, lowering kit front and back, and lower handle bars for better levrage over the quad. that combo makes it super stabil.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Thank you @hobaoe for your imput. Any other comment guys?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:14 AM

There’s a lowering link for the rear of the bike. I would think adding that and either of the wider A-arms and you’d stick to the ground pretty well. On road or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't wanna be a member of any club that would have me.
06, 11:1, HC3, +3TB, Barkers, PCV w/DL700 timing+autotune, rigid light bar, HIDs in stock housings, 2 AUX floods, FCI w/box, Fastflexx bars, JOGACA shocks, driveline performance clutch with full fiber mod, pro armor nerfs, honda thumb throttle, sixpack rack(holds 12 if still in the box).
'74 wife, w/big 2.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzila View Post
There’s a lowering link for the rear of the bike. I would think adding that and either of the wider A-arms and you’d stick to the ground pretty well. On road or off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The lowering kit you talk about its makes the chasis lower or it makes the seat lower but keep the distance from the chasis to the ground? I cant lower much the chasis because the trails I ride have big rocks.
Do you mean something like this?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATV-Rear-Lo...gAAOSwxPJcf-u5
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Hi guys, I think this is an important decision when we talk about driving experience, safety and fun. The post have more than 100 views, but only 2 people has shared his thoughts, anyone else want to help?
Scotscockney likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:07 AM

Hello,i'm a 660 road rider also not in US.You can contact Jogaca and he will price you up some shocks as he can provide the shocks for you to YOUR spec

2002 Raptor 660,street quad,hotcams stage 1, motion pro twist throttle conversion,+1 inch wheel spacers front,+2 inch spacers rear,XTZ left hand switch cluster,shaved front bodywork,Maxis streetmax f+r, Alloy Boltz Inc stainless steel 600 piece fasterner kit. K+N filter. MotoGP grips.TM Designworks drain plug.Roads like Isle Of Man TT course
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamil Xiscatti View Post
Hi guys, I think this is an important decision when we talk about driving experience, safety and fun. The post have more than 100 views, but only 2 people has shared his thoughts, anyone else want to help?
get the alba racing +2 a arms, get a pro taper handle bar (contour atv low) you will get so much more controll over the quad.
get this rear lowering link https://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor700propg.html.
and the dominator v2 adjustable rear axle.
and get the yfz 450 shcks in the front to get it more balanced with the rear lowering link.

read the stickies about adjusting the stock shocks, it will perform good enough.
and remember to adjust toe and camber, get some good tires.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobaoe View Post
get the alba racing +2 a arms, get a pro taper handle bar (contour atv low) you will get so much more controll over the quad.
get this rear lowering link https://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor700propg.html.
and the dominator v2 adjustable rear axle.
and get the yfz 450 shcks in the front to get it more balanced with the rear lowering link.

read the stickies about adjusting the stock shocks, it will perform good enough.
and remember to adjust toe and camber, get some good tires.
Thank you for your reply @hobaoe .
Any other comment?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:19 PM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
You should message Jogaca (Kevin) who can answer most of your questions whether or not you buy from. He's always happy to help. And his prices shipped may be a better alternative to expensive aftermarket.
But a few suggestions;
Pick a.arm width to fit the trails you ride on.
Keep the rear track slightly narrower than the front.
You can quickly raise or lower the rear swingarm by rotating the carrier 180°.
YFZ shocks from a carburetor year will lower the front slightly.
YFZ shocks from a injected year usually works with long travel arms.
(Measure to be sure).
Keep your handle bar height for your comfort, not someone else.

Last but not least, it's hard to have a street bike for the track and vise versa.
morphrider likes this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode