Raptor Forum banner

Fraud WIIGSTYLE suspension

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Lo"vv"Sbody 
#1 ·
If you had this guy rework your suspension you may have been ripped off.

Here is a story that has been going on since Feb of 2010 that I had to put to an end before posting.

As most of you know I had a bad wreck in 09. So being couch bound for months all I wanted to do is ride. Whats the next best thing if you can't ride? Work on your quad!! So as I am replacing parts I decide to take part in a group buy to have my shocks revalved,rebuilt and resprung for my weight and riding style. So off they went to Josh Wiig @ Wiigstyle racing.
Here is part of the original ad, http://www.************.com/forum/index.php?topic=5711.0

*From now until January 4th, 2010 WiigStyle Racing is offering a 25% discount on their complete shock rebuild package. The price of normally $887.96 is now a special price for Raptor Source members of $665.97. This price is for your 2 front shocks and rear shock, rebuilt/revalved/resprung. Some small fees (really small) may apply on longer swingarms and larger springs. Again for $665.97 you get your shocks 2front/1 rear, rebuilt/revalved/resprung.
"Rebuilding your suspension includes full disassembly of the suspension components, cleaning, polishing of the shock shafts, inspecting all wear parts and shims, replacing wear parts, and then reassemble with new parts and WiigStyle Racing oils. At WiigStyle Racing, your rebuild service is taken serious!"*

So I thought great, it will help me return to riding. WOW I was so wrong. It all started with him losing my shocks and sending me someone else s. I sent my shocks in on Jan 22nd 2010 and on Feb 15th 2010 i received a package but they were not mine! Finally received them back Feb 27th. Installed them and something was not right. Even trying to ask about the shocks I got treated so rudely. The conversation is in the following post.

I then realized they were sprung to stiff. He swapped out the springs which took another 2 weeks. So rode on them again and they were still way off. Asked many times how he has the compression and rebound set and I received pretty much no help. Then I come to find out he had the high speed needles completely closed!!!

So after many calls and messages over the years trying to get him to help me out on these I just about gave up. When I did get a hold of him recently and explaining they leaked nitrogen he wanted me to send them in to him. Mind you he lost my shocks and would not help to get these right. So I sent them out to Kevin's shocks and suspension and he checked them out and they were all low on Nitrogen. He charged them cycled them and sent them back. They were much better but not quite right. They had partially leaked out the nitrogen again. So back out they went to a professional who went inside them. What a surprise call I received. They were never revalved as i paid for. And the rear he did not even open up!! I was sent a picture of the top of the shock shaft. It has a peened nut so you can't remove the shim stack and valving without cutting it. Proof I was deceived. And I bet he did this to a lot of people. So the email and calls begun. At first he would not help me out at all. Until I sent him the picture of the shock shaft. Well then the email conversations started. He basically admitted not doing his job and requested for me not to tell anyone about his Fraud.

Here is the entire conversation,

-------- Original Message --------

Hello Josh,
Sending you this picture as requested. This is the internal of one front shock which you supposedly revalved, resprung and rebuilt as according to your group buy on www.************.com and the receipt. Of which I was charged 665.97 for this service in February of 2010. Since then as you know I could not get them setup correctly. I recently had them sent to a professional business who deals with suspension to double check the insides. Upon their inspection beginning with the front shocks. They were not revalved or rebuilt as the peened shaft above the nut needs to be removed to access the shim stack. And it is factory sealed and it was never removed. This was not what I had paid for and was mislead as to what was being done to the shock by the advertisement and receipt. Upon further review the rear shock has been damaged when the internals were re installed and can not be further inspected at this time and was recommended to purchase a replacement as it is leaking internally.Which was in perfect condition upon sending it to you. I would like to come to an agreement to solve this issue between us before taking this any further.

Jamie,

I'll refund you the money on revalve, and rebuild but not the springs. I will refund you $375 to the paypal address coalcountryriders@yahoo.com. Upon this completion I would like the issues to be done and not brought back up again in forum, facebook, or other electronic media form at all. If we have this agreement I will proceed.

Do we have an agreement?

Please respond back to the question above.

Josh

Josh,
I was waiting to hear back from the shock builder. But I will have more details on the rear shock that needs to be replaced. I just wanted to state as well that I would not have gone this direction just to spend this much on coil springs.And now the rear shocks is not serviceable as well as the $375 refund I feel it is also fair for you to replace my rear shock.And also pay for this current service since i had to pay a company to find out i was deceived by you and your company.

Jamie,
I thought with the refund we were done with this issue? You stated that you wanted a refund on the rebuild and revalve. I totaled it up and came to $375. That is what I refunded you. I am not paying for the service work done by another company. I am not paying for a rear shock that you stated I did not take apart. I will be calling you after work today.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

Josh,
To finish this you need to fix what you did wrong. Im asking for money out of pocket. Not the years of frustration cause you did not do your job as agreed and paid for.
Shock rebuild revalve $665.97
You refunded me $375. For theft by deception.
Service from other business to find out i was deceived and to fix the front shocks $250
And the rear shock is recommend to be replaced.** Used raptor rear shock $100

So you still owe me $350 in a timely manner to resolve this issue and we will be done completely. And im not including the money it cost me to ship these out twice.

Josh,
This email is a follow up to the that was sent yesterday Jan 4th 2013. For a complete refund of the money spent out of pocket for service not competed as paid for and contractually agreed to by the receipt with a charge of $665.97 for a rebuild,revalve and resprung. I am offering to work this out between us in a timely manner and be refunded completely for you not only not doing as paid for but reimbursing for the cost of having them serviced by a third party and replacement of the rear shock with a used one of equal value. I am also not asking for any of the shipping charges just the $250 for the service and $100 for a used raptor rear shock.

I have been keeping this quiet out of respect and to see if you are willing to fix this personally. I am more than done with this almost 3 year ordeal. If this is not resolved very soon I will be going public with theft. Starting with legal representation.Then sending an email to everyone you ever serviced their suspension suggesting to have the shocks looked at by reputable company.

I will refund you the $350 via paypal when I get off work tonight around 8pm my time. I left you a voicemail as well.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

Picture of the OEM shock shaft. You can see it was never touched!

The original receipt,

So complete admission of guilt and i was refunded most of the money. Give an take the shipping cost. But im finally happy to be done with this con artist. Just wish this happened sooner. I missed out of some great shock deals!!

I also wanted to take a minute out after dealing with this since 2010 and give a special thank you to Kevin. Without his help, And the guys at DFR I would still be riding on these nightmare shocks. And never would had proof of this fraud. So thank you guys for helping me with this and putting it behind me.

More links about this guy,

http://www.polarisproriders.com/post/Looks-like-josh-wiig-of-wiigstyle-racing-is-at-it-again-5701577

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7463

So stay far away from josh wiig and www.wiigstyleracing.com You will regret it.

See less See more
#4 ·
It is f'ed up when you get ripped off. This is such a small community, it is always nice to deal with someone who has a good prescence on the forums. For this to happen, the trust gets broken and it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

Dont you now just wish you bought a set of aftermarket shocks that time? I know hindsight is a wonderful thing.

And when it happens with someone you would least expect it, that is the worst. The dissapointmet.

#5 ·
Happened to one of my buddies shocks also. Josh claimed to have revalved them but when I changed the oil the peening was still on the shock shaft like the others have shown.

#7 ·
As previously posted, this happened to me as well. Kevin (Jogaca) and I sent our full set of shocks in at the same time for the famous re-springing and "revalving" and got ripped by this guy. Don't hold much hope for ever getting our money back though....seems like Mr Wiig folded up his tent and is laying low now. (if anyone else has luck with a refund, please let me know!)
This really sucks. You can bet he did this to most everyone that used him. $700+ bucks for nothing more than new coils.....what a stinkin fraud this guy is.

#8 ·
Not sure if I missed something but if you were refunded why did you go public? Not to say you shouldn't have. Just cerious.

#11 ·
That's what I thought. Thanks. Sorry to hear about the whole ordeal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.