Fan Not Running (Fault Finding (Update-able)) - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Lifetime VIP

2008 700R

7 MOD = Barker Duals~ProDesign w/billet & Foam~MSD Blaster~Head Ported Lucky Style~Hotcam Stage 3~CP Tech Piston 11.5:1~Cuervo +3 TB

Other Goodies = DriveLine Perf Clutch~Precision Stabilizer~15T F Sprocket~PRM Grab Bar~Blingstar Bumper~Full Skid Protection~Tusk Nerfs~Alba Heal Guards~Powermadd Hand Guards~RK Race Chain~Custom Dual Arm Shifter~TT Vapor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:32 PM

I know that alot has been explained here but I'm still having issues with getting this fan going. So I read on one of the forums that if i unhooked the Temp sensor that it would kick the fan on which that didn't work so i tried applying direct power to the fan and it worked then i saw on another forum to run a ground from the Y/R wire that comes out of the fan relay under the seat to check the relay and it turned on. So when I unplugged the temp sensor i checked the wires and the only one that showed power only from the brown wire on the relay. I'm kind of lost in all the forums and got my head spinning haha. Ive seen that the ECU can cause issues and it had been replaced before i bought the bike. I really need to know a for sure way to kick the fan on with only the bike haha. Any help would be much appreciated I'm new to the raptor 700 so pics would be very helpful to Please help. thanks for any help. I'm also very new to the forum still figuring it out.
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
One of the crucial steps which you may of missed, behind the fusebox there is 2 wires wrapped in some black plastic, within this is a fuse link. Check this fuse link or make sure there is no corrosion on the terminals.

post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:38 PM

The bullet connectors? If so i have checked them and they are fine. haha my mind is blown right now trying to figure out why it aint working lol
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Did you put a meter across the circuit breaker to verify it is ok?
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:40 PM

Not sure what exactly what that is or where its at sorry and i don't have a meter just a dummy light that i ground and touch a wire to see if its hot or not lol
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
Now one thing to remember, the bike has got to be really hot before the fan comes on. I take it your dash light is coming on to indicate overheat?
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Garage
I can't get you pictures as I have sold my Raptor, I know it is behind the relays and fusebox, it is secured to the harness with I think red tape? (don't quote me on that). But it is a plastic sleeve that just looks odd, like it should not be there.
It has two bullet connectors that are within clear boots, that is all I can remember, you're going to have to dig into the harness and find it.... under the seat behind the relays!
Hope you find it.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:45 PM

My light has not came on yet ive just never heard it come on and thats why i asked if unplugging that temp sensor would cause the fan to kick on or not because if that doesn't kick it on then i need to try something else to get the bike to kick it on because i know ive had it hot enough to where the fan should of came on or at least one would have thought it would've sorry im very new to this bike haha
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 08:48 PM

I really appreciate any help lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode