Raptor Forum banner

Just clicks, not starting - SOLVED

14K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BlackSupra 
#1 ·
So yesterday I went for a ride and at some point I stopped and turned the engine off. Shortly after I tried to start it again and there was a click but the starter didn't activate. I have PC5 installed (in air box) so I suspected there might be a bad connection or something like that so I checked the wires and then it started. Later that day same thing happened twice. Today, same thing. It just clicked so I push started it so I could get home and investigate the problem. The reason for this clicking and not starting was an oxidated/drty contact on right side of starter solenoid which was also a bit louse it either got louse over time or was not torqued down properly right from the beginning. That explains why sometimes did start, sometimes didn't and sometimes did after I moved the cables around. I've cleaned that contact with sanding paper and now it starts with no problem. Check the video for visual details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.