Raptor Forum banner

PLEASE HELP. 2008 raptor 700R won’t run properly.

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  morphrider 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone can help, I’m having problems with my quad. Anything over quarter throttle it just bogs down and back fires I can slowly get it to about 25mph and that’s it and it won’t idle without a bit of throttle I’ve changed the TPS ecu and fuel pump so far. And checked the valve clearance and the timing and that all seems good. I’m loosing all faith with it and have no clue where to turn too next!

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I’ve not even managed to ride it properly since owning ? . Thanks

#5 ·
w​
a couple thoughts, unless you are 100%sure your air filter is flowing maximum air, try taking it off and rip down the street. While your filter is off, take a mirror and flashlight and look down the intake as far as possible to see if anything is in there or looks wrong. When it starts to bog is it blowing black smoke? If so could be a fouled injector. Could also be fuel pressure but you replaced the pump already. May try and dump the gas out of it and get some fresh stuff from a real busy gas station. Good luck and keep the faith.

#6 ·
My first thought would be the TPS. Did you replace with new or used? Have you sprayed any water on the TPS?? Take a hair dryer to it for about 1/2 hour.

Did you check the gas cap vent?

Is the air cleaner clean and not over oiled?

Next would be the injector. Pull it loose and let it spray into a container. Yo can also connect a 9 volt battery to the injector and listen for it to "click" open, and spray carb cleaner thru it.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

#8 ·
w​
Just wondering if anyone can help, I’m having problems with my quad. Anything over quarter throttle it just bogs down and back fires I can slowly get it to about 25mph and that’s it and it won’t idle without a bit of throttle I’ve changed the TPS ecu and fuel pump so far. And checked the valve clearance and the timing and that all a couple thoughts, unless you are 100%sure your air filter is flowing maximum air, try taking it off and rip down the street. While your filter is off, take a mirror and flashlight and look down the intake as far as possible to see if anything is in there or looks wrong. When it starts to bog is it blowing black smoke? If so could be a fouled injector. Could also be fuel pressure but you replaced the pump already. May try and dump the gas out of it and get some fresh stuff from a real busy gas station. Good luck and keep the faith.

Hi first of all thanks very much for your reply! I noticed a little black smoke only on one occasion, apart from that nothing at all. I’ve tried new fuel and running without a filter, I can’t see anything odd. I think my next step is to get the throttle body off and start looking there. Although I still think it’s electrical but I’m not getting any fault codes. What sensors should I check first do you think?

#9 ·
Just wondering if anyone can help, I’m having problems with my quad. Anything over quarter throttle it just bogs down and back fires I can slowly get it to about 25mph and that’s it and it won’t idle without a bit of throttle I’ve changed the TPS ecu and fuel pump so far. And checked the valve clearance and the timing and that all seems good. I’m loosing all faith with it and have no clue where to turn too next!

Any ideas would be much appreciated as I’ve not even managed to ride it properly since owning ? . Thanks
My first thought would be the TPS. Did you replace with new or used? Have you sprayed any water on the TPS?? Take a hair dryer to it for about 1/2 hour.

Did you check the gas cap vent?

Is the air cleaner clean and not over oiled?

Next would be the injector. Pull it loose and let it spray into a container. Yo can also connect a 9 volt battery to the injector and listen for it to "click" open, and spray carb cleaner thru it.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.
First off thanks for your reply, I replaced with a new TPS and adjusted to the correct parameters which didn’t do anything ? I’ve tried different filters now with no luck from that, although I think it might be electrical the next thing I think I’ll do is check the injector. Is there a way to tell if it’s spraying right etc? Also In regards to sensors what would you check first?

I appreciate your response.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.