Raptor Forum banner

Raptor 700 Oil Filters

42K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  YamiTsunami 
#1 · (Edited)
I tried searching, and found a great list of oil filters for the 660, but was wondering if anyone had compiled a list of oil filters that are compatible with the 700? I use Purolators in my vehicles and if they make one that fits my bike that would be great. I would be interested to know what Bosch, WIX, etc. filters would work though.

Edit for part #s:

Confirmed:
K&N KN-145
Purolator ML16804
WIX 24935 and/or 24936
Fram CH6004
Champion Labs P7004
Hiflo Filtro HF145

Unconfirmed:
Purolator ML16805
Carquest 89935 and/or 89936
Hastings LF583
Emgo 10-29100 and/or 10-79100
Luber Finer P7004
Napa PS4935 and/or PS4936
Master Parts P-305
Warner P7004

A lot of the part numbers look similar because the same manufacturer's product is just being sold under a different brand name/paint job.

See less See more
#2 ·
Reactions: Davido49
#31 ·
Can't go wrong w/OEM either for less $. Even Cuervo Racing said so. He said the HiFlo were good too but I haven't used. Keeping the OCI to 12hrs or less makes most difference I feel. Maxima Pro Plus 10w40 oil is awesome as is Mobil1 4T racing 10w40. Pennzoil has new powersports oil coming out soon. There Penn Ultra Platinum full syn vehicle oil is prob top3 best synthetic for your car /SUV/truck. I will try it when out.. if a full synthetic only.

#4 ·
I use the PCracing Flo stainless steel filter, it is reusable and has worked great for me!

Reactions: dantheman
#5 ·
Go to your local Auto Pats store and get the K&N Filters. KN145 is the number you need to know.

#6 ·
Purolator ML16804

My local auto parts store has 4 in stock, so I'll be going down to pick one up after work today. :) Nothing against K & N (tbh I've never used a K & N oil filter, only air filters), but I think Purolator filters are some of the best made oil filters available and I'm glad they make one for the Raptor.

#24 ·
I know this is an old thread but I use OEM , K&N & HiFlo brands. Most important thing is to change every oil change an don't push out oil changes to far! invest in an hr meter for sure. $30 on Ebay or Amazon free shipping usually. Best investment If you care about good maintenance like me.

#9 ·
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-ML16804-Motorcycle-Filter-Pack/dp/B000E8P73S/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1447622069&sr=1-1&keywords=Purolator+ML16804[/ame]

These don't even look like the stock filters?

#11 ·
I was just worried about it being enclosed vs the open stock filter.

#15 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

raptordude replied: "If you put a k&n and a stock oil filter next to each other, the k&n is significantly shortee"
I just ordered/received the KN-145 and yes as raptordude said it's shorter. I don't recall any mechanism within the filter housing to take up any slack if it's not the same size as the longer oem Yamaha filter.
Before I do my 2nd oil change with the KN-145 instead of the oem I used on 1st oil change, will this be loose and not fit snug? K&N's website definitely said the 145 is their oil filter for my 2017 Raptor 700R, and I can't imagine they'd make a filter that poses a problem and doesn't fit correctly?
Edit: The K&N 145 fits fine :)

Thanks for any replies...
YamiTsunami

#18 ·
I have been running the WIX filters for the last two years and it has been great. I like the micron and flow ratings and they include new seals every time in the box. Oil seems to stay cleaner longer than the stock filters. You can also order them in bulk on Amazon for decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: HangryMachinist
#19 ·
I have been running the WIX filters for the last two years and it has been great. I like the micron and flow ratings and they include new seals every time in the box. Oil seems to stay cleaner longer than the stock filters. You can also order them in bulk on Amazon for decent price.
Looks like I bought the wrong WIX filter. ( See picture below ) I bought WIX#24935, whats the WIX part number you buy?

or
goo.gl/photos/bEiCc8V1RjNJCbGr7

#20 ·
WIX 24935 is the filter my bike uses and it's a 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk