15 tooth front sprocket (a must!) - Page 3 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 09:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to StuntPunkJames
Re: 15 tooth front sprocket (a must!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboedsupe
Sick pic man i got a f4i fightered and caged. Anyways do a search for speed limiter and read up on some threads. I guess in 5th gear at like 6500 rpms the computer uses that sensor to find out your going to fast and it makes you hit like a fake rev limiter basically
Thanks man.......I just sold my 636 to get an F4i for next season....theres nothing in the world I love more than stuntin, although riding quads is pretty close....anyway thanks for the info Ill check it out

2006 Raptor 700<br />*Back 2 Stock*<br /><br />2007 CBR 1000RR<br />*Not Stock*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 PM
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie

Hey Randy, Have you tried Sand Mountain with the 15 tooth?

Going fast isn't cheap & Going cheap isn't fast.
post #23 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

OK....let me try to answer all these.

"rappinitup700"....hah, good thing you added that 700 to the end of your alias, otherwise it could be taken "differently". ANYWAY, yes I can wheelie 4th gear, all day long. I was just saying 80mph, I have no idea how fast i am going. If I am hitting it in the peak of my power in 4th I would say I am bringing the front end up at around 65-70mph....then keeping it up untill around 80mph....when I let it back down I am completely out of revs. 1st -3rd are effortless. 3rd in gravel I just lean back a little. 4th I lean back and jerk the bars. All of my wheelies are standing up on the quad. It will never come up in 4th sitting down.
I am certain if I shift to fifth while wheeling I could break 80mph. Not sure how long it will stay up, as 5th is geared really tall, especially now with a 15 tooth front sprocket!

"raptor700ryder" AKA "mace", we do have a lot in common with how are quads are setup, and from our previous rides. I still love the yfz, I know how fast they are....as you do too, its just funny though when people think we are making it up....that we sold are fast yfz's to get "slow" raptors! ha ha! Give me a break!

"raptorkido", dont do the 15 tooth front sprocket unless you have the "3 mods" done. Your gearing will be way to tall, and you will end up slower.

"glamis700" you need atleast a 15 tooth front sprocket pal! Also, not being a dick at all, I just dont want to have to write it all out again and again and again. There is a speed sensor topic on this board. It will explain. basically its retarding your timing in 5th gear. The sensor comes out above the counter sprocket, and plugs in about 10 inches above, right by the TB. You definately need to do this with your mods!

"turboedsupe"......DONT GEAR SHORTER.....big waste of money and power. Gear taller! You do not need to do a new chain, but its wise to just do a complete sprocket and chain kit. My stuff wasnt that worn, so i didnt. BUT, I will be doing the matching renthal rear sprocket and DID atv x ring chain very soon.

"stuntpunkjames".......The speed sensor is retarding your timing. If you unplug it, it will allow much higher topspeeds in 5th gear. There is a thread on this called "speed sensor"

Think thats it! Have fun.

*06 Raptor 700R SE: Barkers, FCI, PC3, DynaTek Ignition (custom curve), HC3, +3 TB, TQS 11.5.1,Evac, Sparkplug Wire Mod w/ iridium NGK, Full GYTR Clutch w/ HD springs, Ohlins Suspension F/R, 15/38G

post #24 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

You know what the 15 tooth and "3mods" reminds me of.........a CR500 with pipe, intake and jetting. It seriosly has that kind of pull! It hits the power and just keeps pulling and pulling and pulling.

.............cant wait to do some more drag racing with the 15T. I was beating up on my buddies piped, intake, jetted, gytr cdi, 05 yfz 450 pretty bad. Cant wait to see how badly I beat him now....ha ha ha.

*06 Raptor 700R SE: Barkers, FCI, PC3, DynaTek Ignition (custom curve), HC3, +3 TB, TQS 11.5.1,Evac, Sparkplug Wire Mod w/ iridium NGK, Full GYTR Clutch w/ HD springs, Ohlins Suspension F/R, 15/38G
post #25 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:41 PM

hi 135boom

what mods would i have to do to go along with the 15t sprocket
post #26 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie

A Good Quality full Pipe, pcIII controller, and a free flowing intake usually based around a K & N

Mike

Didnt mean to jump on your thread there Boom!

Going fast isn't cheap & Going cheap isn't fast.
post #27 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM

yeahhh i got those 3 mods.. and my bike doesnt want to perform.. it SUCKS. i wanted to do the 15 tooth sprocket too.. Cant figure out what the hell is wrong with it, maybe its because i havent had my valves adjusted yet? who knows, but once its fixed im definetly getting that 15 Tooth.

06&#039;&nbsp; Blue Raptor 700<br />06 SE Hood<br />GYT-R Bumper &amp; A-Arm Guard<br />Pro Armor Radiator Guard<br />Trailtech HID&#039;s &amp; X-Bars w/ Clamp &amp; Vapor<br />Spider Grips<br />LTE Duals<br />PC III<br />NGK Iridium <br />Prodesign Intake w/K&amp;N<br />Hiperz W/ ITP XCR&#039;s<br />AC Pro Pegs<br />HDUSA i5500 Kit coming soon w/ Precision Stab.<br />Pics coming soon!
post #28 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:31 PM

just currious boom but how much do you tip the scale at.

02&quot; Raptor LE<br /> -g force +2 rear axle<br /> -front and rear works shocks<br /> -full system Yosimura pipe<br /> -pro flow air filter with pre filter<br /> -jet kit<br /> -gtyr skid plates,bumpers,and grag bar<br /> -gtyr heal guards, and oil filter cover<br /> -skat trac haulers<br /> -renthal handle bars
post #29 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

I am between 185-189lbs. Right now I am 186. Always trying to loose some to be back at 180.....but you know how that goes! ha ha

post #30 of 406 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GcSChi22
yeahhh i got those 3 mods.. and my bike doesnt want to perform.. it SUCKS. i wanted to do the 15 tooth sprocket too.. Cant figure out what the hell is wrong with it, maybe its because i havent had my valves adjusted yet? who knows, but once its fixed im definetly getting that 15 Tooth.

You shouldnt have to adjust your valves. I havnt. Its not a yfz.

Your setup should be running better than mine!!!! I am just running a single, with the same PCIII and intake.

Maybe the map your running isnt right? I dont know, all I know is my quad is fast as crap, and the 15 tooth is a big part of that! It was useless having all that power before and just spinning it away, didnt feel much faster than stock in 1st-3rd. If you were already under way you could feel a difference in 3rd, but it really wasnt till 4th and 5th that it really pulled. Now all the gears pull and pull hard! Like I was saying, 4th gear wheelies anytime, anywhere. Before it was third anytime anywhere, and 4th sometimes. the gears didnt last long enough due to the short power curve and the spinning. Now I am holding onto that power longer and its not spinning near as much!
good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode