engine codes - Page 2 - Yamaha Raptor Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Banned

Its hit and miss. When my tps went bad it didn't flash at all. Whats your quad doing? Mine, I had to keep at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle just to keep it running. Then once I let off it would die. It wouldn't idle at all! Keep in mind if you replace the tps you will have to re-calibrate it. Then if your running a PCIII or PC5 you will have to reset it in your software to.
Peace
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:12 PM

i posted in the discussion section. My mechanic seems to think its an injector problem. Well i brought it to dealership and they said my tps was stuck wide open, and also getting a crankshaft code, but could be due to quad running bad. It wont even crank now, but when it did, it hardly would idle, smoked black smoke, and the normal signs of the tps from the posts ive read on here. The bad thing is though was my oil was full of gas also, so it might be a number of things wrong with my quad. It went from running perfect, to me cranking it one day and it doing all kinds of crazy things. I have a sparks programmer on it.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaman1985 View Post
i posted in the discussion section. My mechanic seems to think its an injector problem. Well i brought it to dealership and they said my tps was stuck wide open, and also getting a crankshaft code, but could be due to quad running bad. It wont even crank now, but when it did, it hardly would idle, smoked black smoke, and the normal signs of the tps from the posts ive read on here. The bad thing is though was my oil was full of gas also, so it might be a number of things wrong with my quad. It went from running perfect, to me cranking it one day and it doing all kinds of crazy things. I have a sparks programmer on it.
Well on a carbeaurated model it would indicate a possibly stuck needle/or leaky float. But on these the efi should shut off and not flood the engine. How much gas is in the oil exactly? If its running like crap and you ran it for a while. Then I would guess that the gas didn't burn properly and leaked down into the crank case. Its just a guess, but is probably what happened. I would start with a new plug. They act really funny when the plugs cold foul.
Peace
Craig

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 06:37 PM

When i drained the oil, i originally put 2.2 quarts in bike. There was well over 4 quarts total that came out of the bike and resivoir, and looked chalky white colored. I changed the plug, and the bike would crank but still run horribly. It fouls plugs in a matter of a few cranks though. Its fouled 3 already.. And no i didnt run it a while. It never drove like that, it may have idled at the most a few minutes, but never drove it like that at all.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM

Thanks 700

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMyst666 View Post
Thanks 700
No problem man!
Peace
Craig
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700gitrdone View Post
Well did you power wash it with the seat off? Thats the problem. You have water in a connection shorting it out. I would put it in a heated shop if possible for a few days and leave the seat off and let it dry off really good.
Peace
Craig

thanks for all the help and suggestions. and sorry about the late response. but it turned out to be just a fouled spark plug. i got to the injector and tested it with my noid light and it was good and then the easy part last which was to check spark and compression. i had spark but my plug was wet with gas. i cleaned it and it fired right up as usual. it should hav been the first thing i done but i took it for granted. oh well. raptors dont like the cold thats for sure. thanks man
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 02:45 PM

hey guys, i had a code that flashed on my 06 the other day. I turned the key to the on position, and the engine light flashed solid for probaly one second, than blinked twice after that. Well i cranked it anyway and rode it for a few minutes. I turned it off and when i turned it on again the check engine light never showed the code again. I think my contacts could be dirty or something bc sometimes when i hit my start button when the key is on and bike is in neutral it dosent start. Its not clicking or anything like a bad battery, just does nothing. I have to hit the start button a few times. Maybe thats what the code is flashing, im not sure.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM

code 12

I had a code 12 on my quad, i changed the crank shaft sensor and the quad and nothing has changed with the way the quad is running but the code has stopped. It is still popping and splutering on low revs, on high revs the quad is running fien but seems to have lost a little bit of power. Can anyone help Cheers
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 12:59 AM

i get 43 Fuel system voltage (monitoring voltage) how do i fix it?

700R.
Barkers
PC3
Racing Clutch
K&N Proflow
6 Pack Rack
+2 Arms
15t
ASV's
G Force Axle
Tag Handlebars
Elka Steering System
Pro Armor Nerfs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode