Full Fiber Clutch Mod - Page 4 - Yamaha Raptor Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroker4life View Post
Are stiffer clutch springs required for this on a mild build, or are the oem springs ok? Say 60hp?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Check out the driveline clutch kit. It was under 100 last year when I did mine.
What tires are you running? Booze and myself have about the same build as you and are still using Sandstars. They spin more since the engine work but we've been able to compensate pretty well with lower tire pressure. Also, if there's alot of rain out there that sand will be packed down somewhat, so you'll spin less.
Lastly, when ya going in April? I'm just curious, not that I'd burn a sick day, load up by myself in my truck and swing by. Again, just curious.
4stroker4life likes this.

I wouldn't wanna be a member of any club that would have me.
06, 11:1, HC3, +3TB, Barkers, PCV w/DL700 timing+autotune, rigid light bar, HIDs in stock housings, 2 AUX floods, FCI w/box, Fastflexx bars, JOGACA shocks, driveline performance clutch with full fiber mod, pro armor nerfs, honda thumb throttle, sixpack rack(holds 12 if still in the box).
'74 wife, w/big 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 01:36 AM
Lifetime VIP

Send a message via AIM to t web2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Check EBC CSK37. $11, free shipping, 10% stronger. But, in theory, old springs have lost tension due to the heat developed in the motor and clutch. So a 10% increase is more like 15-20% more then old springs. OR, you could add washers under existing springs to increase tension.

Either option should hold 60HP.
I ran into an issue with ebc springs with my 450. They claim to be 10% stiffer than stock but we’re noticibly softer. The washer trick works in a pinch.

2015 700Rse
Fci, PC5F/I, monster exhaust, +2 Cuervo head, HDD5150, 54mm throttle body, 105.5 14:1, +8 swingarm.
08 yfz450se
Sparks big core, k&n no lid, yz needle, yz timing mod, +4 swingarm.
“Peepshow”
Cuervo 870, lectron, msd, monster megs, single a-arm lightened chasis, +14 swingarm.
”Monarchy”
Cuervo 930, lectron, msd, db fab titanium chasis.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattzila View Post
Check out the driveline clutch kit. It was under 100 last year when I did mine.
What tires are you running? Booze and myself have about the same build as you and are still using Sandstars. They spin more since the engine work but we've been able to compensate pretty well with lower tire pressure. Also, if there's alot of rain out there that sand will be packed down somewhat, so you'll spin less.
Lastly, when ya going in April? I'm just curious, not that I'd burn a sick day, load up by myself in my truck and swing by. Again, just curious.
Im wanting to get a pair of skat trak edges on 8" dwt blue labels. I priced them at about $400. The reality of me not being able to swing that for this trip is starting to set in though. you like the sandstars? What size are you running?

We are thinking the 18th-22nd. Nothing set in stone though. My friend got his KFX450R done (actually was on a dyno yesterday) so now its up to me to get my raptor back together. I will keep in touch if your interested, love to see ya there. That goes for all you other forum rats too! Im gonna resurrect the little sahara thread so as not to further off topic this sticky

mattzila likes this.

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZPERADO View Post
Check EBC CSK37. $11, free shipping, 10% stronger. But, in theory, old springs have lost tension due to the heat developed in the motor and clutch. So a 10% increase is more like 15-20% more then old springs. OR, you could add washers under existing springs to increase tension.

Either option should hold 60HP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by t web2007 View Post
I ran into an issue with ebc springs with my 450. They claim to be 10% stiffer than stock but we’re noticibly softer. The washer trick works in a pinch.
Thanks guys. Sounds like i'll be trying the washer trick for now, lol. My clutch basket is starting to get pretty grooved so i will probly save up for an aftermarket and do it right.

07' Raptor 700- 11:1, hotcam 3, Pro design intake with K&N, +3 throttle body, Monster big bore duals, MSD with cuervo timing, JOGACA shocks, trail tech VAPOR, GYTR heel guards & bumper & nerfs, .250 aluminum skids, TM case saver, folding anodized levers and shifter, powermadd hand guards

04' raptor 660-Hot rods crank, .5mm overbore, 11:1 wiseco piston, Stage 1 hotcam, Yoshimura slip-on exhaust, K&N filter with outerwears, open lid airbox, Dynojet stage 2 jet kit
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-25-2018, 11:40 AM
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroker4life View Post
Im wanting to get a pair of skat trak edges on 8" dwt blue labels. I priced them at about $400. The reality of me not being able to swing that for this trip is starting to set in though. you like the sandstars? What size are you running?

We are thinking the 18th-22nd. Nothing set in stone though. My friend got his KFX450R done (actually was on a dyno yesterday) so now its up to me to get my raptor back together. I will keep in touch if your interested, love to see ya there. That goes for all you other forum rats too! Im gonna resurrect the little sahara thread so as not to further off topic this sticky

I might have some Sand Stars but I recommend the Skat's. I've got 4 pairs of Haulers and 1 pair of Edges mounted for sale. I think all are 20in. I'll have 21 or 22 in Edges later this summer. But shipping might be a killer. I could always fill them with helium, ha.

You can take a file and dress the grooves in your clutch basket. Just go far enough so you can see just a bit of the wear marks, that keeps it even.

Washers work good, be sure they're about the same thickness, and they fit the stems without binding.
t web2007 and mattzila like this.

'19 Can-Am X3, RS Turbo, 172 HP, 1300x15 STU #2 paddle, Tribute front, DynaTec controller, cat delete, GTP blow off valve, custom flame wrap, Bent Metal windshield, Blazer wiper, rear window, 48in LED light bar, 14in LED light bar, GTP LED side lights, S3 shock tower brace, aluminum rear pull plate, 5K Badlands winch, dual batteries, 5ft lighted whips, Rugged radio and intercom, interior lights, rock lights, chase lights, over $200 additional switches, YES, street legal with dirt tires.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Raptor Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode